V5 Payment Doesn't Include Invoice Number

That’s good news @david & @hillel… you’re clearly busy getting all this sorted out, but it would be great if you could let us know when these new changes roll out, as issues with the API/Zapier integration are really making things tough. Not sure I can continue relying on Invoice Ninja since it’s making MORE work for me rather than less.

@rvgeeks

We have pushed a release. can you retest please.

1 Like

Hi @david - I was able to tinker with the Zap now and get it to proceed further along… it’s now failing for a new reason with a “Business Validation Error” on the QBO side of things, I have Zapier looking into that now.

Before, the issue was that the trigger of “New Payment in Invoice Ninja” didn’t include the Invoice Number. It still doesn’t. But it DOES include the “invoice_id”. So, in a subsequent step in my Zap I changed the “Find Invoice in Invoice Ninja” action to look for “ID” and gave it the “invoice_id” as it was passed from the trigger. VOILA.

So the issue seems to be that the default value the “Find Invoice in Invoice Ninja” action in Zapier is looking for is “invoice_number”. You have to manually edit that step and tell it to, instead, use the “id” and pass the “invoice_id” to it. (@WedBSV - check your zap and see if this will work for you)

Fingers crossed it works when a batch of payments process next month! :wink:

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi again, @david - Just wanted to provide an update. After a bunch of tinkering with Zapier yesterday, it appears that all is working. New invoices and new payments from IN are now replicating over to QBO (at least in my testing). I have a batch of new invoices & auto-billing happening on 12/1… so fingers crossed everything works! Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @david & @hillel - Been having the issue with Zapier not being able to replicate payments over to QBO. It’s triggering fine with a new Invoice Ninja Payment. But when I then have a step to find the invoice in Invoice Ninja, it’s failing:

I’m using the “Paymentables - Invoice ID” from the first step of the Zap (Invoice Ninja New Payment) to populate the “ID” field for search… but it keeps failing now.

I’ve looked through the available fields in the Zapier editor, but don’t see anything else available from the “New Payment” data that would work.

Appreciate any thoughts/input.

The error says that the search value is missing, can you check the Zapier logs to see what’s being sent?

1 Like

Thanks, @hillel - The Zap gets the “New Payment” trigger from Invoice Ninja with the following “data out”:

id: 4QbYgqY0ez

user_id: pnelExMaKB

amount: 299

refunded: 0

applied: 0

transaction_reference: Check #VV163

date: 2021-11-27

is_manual: true

created_at: 1638055866

updated_at: 1638055866

archived_at: 0

is_deleted: false

type_id: 15

client_id: 4zbq8MX7ap

status_id: 4

exchange_rate: 1

exchange_currency_id: 1

client:
id: 4zbq8MX7ap

assigned_user_id: name: Palm Gardens RV & MH Resort

group_settings_id: paid_to_date: 1993

credit_balance: 0

last_login: 0

size_id: public_notes: client_hash: BUTutqqi4c2jFRAsiSfog4iAJSYqpdmIp171ud3h

address1: 3401 W. Bus. 83

address2: phone: city: Harlingen

state: TX

postal_code: 78552

country_id: 840

industry_id: custom_value1: custom_value2: custom_value3: custom_value4: shipping_address1: shipping_address2: shipping_city: shipping_state: shipping_postal_code: shipping_country_id: settings:
currency_id: 1

payment_terms: 30

vat_number: id_number: updated_at: 1638055866

created_at: 1473206400

display_name: Palm Gardens RV & MH Resort

number: 0005

contacts:
id: ELe3nRQ9d6

first_name: last_name: email: info@palmgardensresort.com

created_at: 1473206400

updated_at: 1636059070

is_primary: true

is_locked: false

phone: custom_value1: custom_value2: custom_value3: custom_value4: contact_key: n1m18poJ6isrHKAPlYl6Zg0fBsSAH6EX

send_email: true

last_login: -62169984000

password: **********

link: https://rvgeeks.invoicing.co/client/key_login/n1m18poJ6isrHKAPlYl6Zg0fBsSAH6EX

documents:
gateway_tokens:
invoices:
1:
id: 46dBMGm2b7

project_id: assigned_user_id: amount: 299

balance: 299

client_id: 4zbq8MX7ap

vendor_id: status_id: 2

design_id: Wpmbk5ezJn

recurring_id: 9wdL0xWdjP

created_at: 1635728133

updated_at: 1635728165

number: RRVG-3025

discount: 0

po_number: date: 2021-11-01

last_sent_date: 2021-11-01

next_send_date: 2021-12-16 00:00:00

due_date: 2021-11-02

terms: Payable upon receipt.

Please make checks payable to “RVgeeks” and mail to: RVgeeks
2885 Sanford Ave SW #13216
Grandville, MI 49418

Thank You For Your Prompt Payment. We Appreciate Your Business!

public_notes: private_notes: uses_inclusive_taxes: false

tax_name1: tax_rate1: 0

tax_name2: tax_rate2: 0

tax_name3: tax_rate3: 0

total_taxes: 0

is_amount_discount: false

footer: Thank You For Your Prompt Payment. We Appreciate Your Business!

partial: 0

partial_due_date: custom_value1: 0.00

custom_value2: 0.00

custom_value3: custom_value4: has_tasks: false

has_expenses: false

custom_surcharge1: 0

custom_surcharge2: 0

custom_surcharge3: 0

custom_surcharge4: 0

exchange_rate: 1

custom_surcharge_tax1: false

custom_surcharge_tax2: false

custom_surcharge_tax3: false

custom_surcharge_tax4: false

line_items:
1:
quantity: 1

cost: 299

product_key: Annual Renewal

notes: Annual Website Updates, Hosting, E-mail, Domain Renewal, Maintenance & Support

discount: 0

tax_name1: tax_rate1: 0

tax_name2: tax_rate2: 0

tax_name3: tax_rate3: 0

date: 2016-12-02

custom_value1: custom_value2: custom_value3: custom_value4: type_id: 1

product_cost: 0

is_amount_discount: false

sort_id: 0

line_total: 299.00

gross_line_total: 299

entity_type: invoice

reminder1_sent: reminder2_sent: reminder3_sent: reminder_last_sent: paid_to_date: 0

subscription_id: auto_bill_enabled: false

invitations:
1:
id: 9wdLkoWAbj

client_contact_id: ELe3nRQ9d6

key: VolejRejNm-ai3EtNl427blkezXAXR0yZqhSP9nrnTG

link: https://rvgeeks.invoicing.co/client/invoice/VolejRejNm-ai3EtNl427blkezXAXR0yZqhSP9nrnTG

sent_date: viewed_date: opened_date: updated_at: 1635728165

created_at: 1635728133

email_status: delivered

email_error: smtp;250 2.0.0 hLbwmnQOkuxk0 - hLbwmnQOkuxk0hLbwmvcNp mail accepted for delivery

documents:
Fields with no value:
assigned_user_id
invitation_id
private_notes
number
custom_value1
custom_value2
custom_value3
custom_value4
client_contact_id
company_gateway_id
project_id
vendor_id
currency_id
paymentables
documents
querystring

I had a second step for a 1 minute timer, just to slow the pace (first of the month, 50+ recurring invoices and payments happen through Invoice Ninja, and it was bogging Zapier down without the delay).

The third step, that failed, is the “Find Invoice” step that’s supposed to use the Invoice ID as provided in the Payment info.

WITH the timer in place, the Zap fails. But I just tried REMOVING the timer, and it appears to work. So it may be a Zapier thing… the timer is blocking the info from being passed from the trigger step to the next step.

Does that sound possible?

I’m not sure, in the sample above I see the invoice number?

Thanks, @hillel - I know. The first step was retrieving the information. Then the second step in the Zap was just a queue delay, to keep things from bogging down when processing large numbers of payments all at once.

Yesterday, when I tested it WITH the delay in place, it failed. When I removed the delay, my test worked perfectly and the payment info was replicated over to QBO.

Today, I tested putting the queue delay back in… and it worked! Might’ve been a glitch with Zapier. But it appears to be working now. I’ll know for sure come 12/1 when the next batch of customer recurring payments occurs. :wink::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: