This topic is just to aid others (and as a memo to myself) with migration.
I’m on hosted so I wasn’t expecting much issues. In total it is not too bad, but there are some issues you should be aware of before migrating.
- I’m on pro plan with several companies. In V4 you could have a seperate login details on each seperate company. Now you have to login with one master account.
- API keys (for e.g. Zapier and Integromat) aren’t migrated.
- Zapier zap’s need to be changed to the new InvoiceNinja V5 module in Zapier.
- Integromat also has new module, so you need to change the scenarios. There are some functional issues too. There are fields missing like contactperson details. Pretty basic and essential in invoices so I expect Integromat to add that pretty soon.
- Customernumber issues in migrations which lead to sorting problems. InvoiceNinja is working on the sort issue.
- If you setup number patterns for invoices, watch out. It doesn’t get migrated. You need to setup again.
- Check your invoice template. I added some fields to the template but they aren’t migrated to V5 so you should modify that after migration.
This lists sound worse than it is. Would have been nice if InvoiceNinja would have made a checklist for these, but all in all migration went pretty smooth and support is as allways pretty fast.