V5 is Stupid Laggy

Among other bugs I’ve seen. V5 is not responsive at all. A lot of loading hangs.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I have spent a lot of time in v5 (Hosted) for the last 24-48 hours and it’s super laggy for me as well. Not sure if it’s a code thing or the server they are running it on or what. Not bashing, it’s something I can live with but I thought I would add my experience here in case it helps the devs to know it’s not just an issue with a single user.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this!

It would be helpful to know more details: is it slow when first logging in, when navigating the app or when saving records. Each of these has separate causes/solutions.

Every action is slow. Slow loading. Slow clicking around. Just try navigating, sending invoices, doing time entries. It’s painful to use.

Which browser and operating system are you using?

Here are a few possible solutions:

• The native desktop apps are much quicker than the web app. The Windows app can be downloaded in the Windows Store, links for all apps can be found here: https://invoiceninja.org

• You can change to the new web assembly build by adding ?build=wasm to the URL or test the next version of the framework using ?build=next

• Finally, changing browsers may help

Seems more like workarounds.

A solution is better coding using a faster framework.

The apps are a bit better, though it def seems to me it makes sense to make the web just as quick.

1 Like

Literally every click takes 5 seconds to respond. It’s insanity. That 5 seconds kills my efficiency and raises the stress level.

:wave: Brand new v5 install here and I noticed the same thing.

I would describe it as everything just feeling slightly off. Scrolling is laggy compared to other websites, the fade transitions seem to run at like 5fps.

I’m running this in Chrome on MacOS 11.6 on an M1 Macbook Air.

Have you considered using the macOS app?

We’re working on a React version of the web app which should have better performance.