V5 :: How to preview invoices in HTML instead of PDF?

Having some trouble with the PDF preview refreshes not being reliable and also not being able to see CSS attributes clearly, etc. Is there a way to actually have an HTML preview instead of PDF?

It would be so nice if we could choose which preview to have - such as a toggle or some such switch wherewith we could preview both types and thus while doing the actual editing we could get a faster and more reliable preview.

What would be even better would be to load it up as a URL directly to use a tool like Pinegrow in order to edit it with the live HTML in place for CSS edits.

Hi,

Have you tried the ‘draft mode’ option, it switches from PDF to HTML

1 Like

WOW. Thanks for differentiating that. I would highly recommend changing the terminology and instead of saying it is less accurate, simply say that it is an HTML preview that will not appear precisely as printed. Therefore we would have a “PDF Preview” vs “HTML Preview” - which makes so much more sense and solves the issue.

Somehow I overlooked turning it on in the documentation and so I think integration right in the user interface about more clearly differentiating what draft actually is would be most helpful.

Thanks!

By the way, thanks for altering this to say HTML now. This is much more clear.

Agreed, thanks for the suggestion :grinning:

1 Like

is this available in V5 version now?

This is supported in the v5 Flutter app but not yet the React app.

1 Like

Any news on the React version yet?

This feature is on the backlog…

Thanks @hillel. I’m just coming back to InvoiceNinja after grappling with a lot of unfortunately life trials with sick family and little time to switch invoicing systems. After having a subscription for the last 4 years and doing nothing with it, I’m finally going to try to see where things stand and see how IN will work to replace our invoicing now. The old invoicing systems (have been using three) have become too burdensome and I’ve grown tired to Intuit’s lies. Hoping for the best here. I do assume that the macOS app is Flutter-based and I will not have this problem as long as I simply do not use the HTML/web version, right?

This issue was created a long time ago, the PDF reliability in v5 should be much better now across all of the platforms.