V4 to v5 migration issue

Logs says that it finished but couldn’t send email but no data is present on v5. I am hosting on provider using Softaculous. Any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi,

Maybe you need to change companies using the selector in the top left corner of the app?

Only seeing the one company.

Do you see the clients/invoices in the database?

Blank slate not seeing any of my v4 items in v5. Is there another way to just export and import as much time as I have spent that may be faster.

Only the app migration is supported

@david do you have any suggestions?

Only thing that stands out in log is following:

[2021-08-27 23:07:04] production.INFO: Address in mailbox given [] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.
[2021-08-27 23:07:04] production.ERROR: Address in mailbox given [] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2. {“userId”:1,“exception”:"[object] (Swift_RfcComplianceException(code: 0): Address in mailbox given [] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2. at redacted/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php:355)
[stacktrace]

It may help to logout and then back in.

I think the error is related to the email settings.

That seemed to have worked guess something was cached because I have restarted numerous times and new browser launches. :slight_smile: Now to fix “Crons Need to be Enable”