V 4.5.38 - Issues with editing invoices

Guys

Just updated to 4.5.38 via /update/, now getting this issue;

production.ERROR: ErrorException [0] : /home/falcooo/public_html/ninja/app/Models/Traits/Inviteable.php [Line 77] => implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters {“context”:“PHP”,“user_id”:1,“account_id”:1,“user_name”:“ZeldaA”,“method”:“GET”,“user_agent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/90.0.4430.93 Safari/537.36”,“locale”:“en”,“ip”:“61.31.108.249”,“count”:1,“is_console”:“no”,“is_api”:“no”,“db_server”:“mysql”,“url”:“invoices/279/edit”} []

I am using PHP 7.3 .

When i upgraded it to PHP 7.4 i am getting 500 error.

Can someone help please?

Matt

Hi,

I’m not sure, the only cause I’m aware of for that issue is using PHP 7.4

Maybe add a phpinfo page to check the version?

Sorryy

Yes my existing version is 7.4 and when i downgrade it to 7.3 i am getting 500 error!!

Okay, i 've decided to reinstall v4.38 now it seems to be fine and i have imported json file to new site but now its not whitelabelled anymore, can you help?

You can manually re-apply your white label license.

If you don’t have the license key please email us at contact@invoiceninja.com

Weird!!!

Since i have reapplied licences, it started doing this again. I cant view any invoices / edit quotes. It comes up with Whoops, looks like something went wrong.

I’ve just downgraded it to PHP 7.3.27 and its show HTTP ERROR 500

Are there any details about the error in storage/logs/

Hi Hillel

So i managed to update from 4.5 to 5.0 (migration in settings) but now when i edit invoices i get “Error: please check that Invoice Ninja v5 is installed on the server”

This is just getting better and better every day. This wasnt showing yesterday and today is coming up with new bugs!!

Are you only seeing the error taking that action?

The error will be shown if a particular header is missing, maybe a proxy is involved?

@david any ideas?

“Error: please check that Invoice Ninja v5 is installed on the server”

Indicates that the AP isn’t hitting a valid invoice ninja end point. Need to understand if the user is setup behind a proxy.

Hi Guys

I have managed to upgrade from 4.5.38 to latest via Migrate option. However this time the IOS app is throwing;

Anyone know how can i fix this?

Matt

It looks like you’re using the v4 mobile app, you can download the v5 version here:

Note: i think there’s a problem setting the selfhost URL in the current version, we plan to release a new version soon.

Thank you Hilel

This is just becoming very frasturating. I have so far bought another hosting from namecheap too in order to have more control on PHP version etc

I have updated the version to 4.5.39 but when i try to edit invoices it throws “oops something went wrong”

Then when i try updating to php version 7.3 it throws Internal 500 error. I am stuck . It only works on PHP Version 7.4 but this time it in the logs this is what i get :slight_smile:

[2021-05-16 13:02:00] production.ERROR: ErrorException [0] : /home/falconel/public_html/ninja/app/Models/Traits/Inviteable.php [Line 77] => implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters

I am seriously considering in removing the whole invoice ninja thing but i have too many invoices that i cant afford to loose.

Can someone please help?

v4 does not support PHP 7.4, what error do you see when using 7.3?

Note: if you moved to a new server make sure to copy over the .env file.

[2021-05-28 08:33:38] production.ERROR: ErrorException [0] : /home/falconel/public_html/ninja/app/Models/Traits/Inviteable.php [Line 77] => implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters {“context”:“PHP”,“user_id”:1,“account_id”:1,“user_name”:“Zelda A”,“method”:“GET”,“user_agent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/90.0.4430.212 Safari/537.36”,“locale”:“en”,“ip”:"62##########(deleted by Matt) ",“count”:13,“is_console”:“no”,“is_api”:“no”,“db_server”:“mysql”,“url”:“invoices/302/edit”} []

And i get 500 Error when i upgrade to 7.4 …

Please read my previous comment again, if you’re using v4 then PHP 7.4 isn’t supported.

As stated again. When i downgrade to PHP 7.3 it suggests 500 Internal Server Error.

I think i found a solution; Invoice plane. Thanks for the support i have no other choice is left this unit is too buggy for me to deal with.