uploading bank transfers (incoming and outgoing payments) into InvoiceNinja

Hi, I bought a yearly upgrade to InvoiceNinja Pro last week and am very satisfied with the tool so far.
As my business is located in Belgium, there is no option to automatically connect my bank (Kredietbank) to InvoiceNinja, so i have been trying (in vain so far) to find a good way to download my bank data, reformat it (using some macros in excel) and upload it to InvoiceNinja. I was trying to use the CSV format, but it seems from the online dialogue, that i can only upload outgoing payments, not incoming ones that way. SO i was experimenting with the JSON format but i always keep getting errors (as i am not a really experienced coding expert).
I cannot imagine that my issue is unique across all your international customers, so i have been looking to find a good example of a JSON file i can use to upload incoming and outgoing payments. i can then use the download feature from my bank, transform that into the JSON format and upload to InvoiceNinja. I realize i will have to manually link the transfers to the correct customers, suppliers and invoices but i will do that online or (as a second step) figure out later how to also do this in JSON.

Many thanks,
Peter

I would strongly advise against trying to create a JSON file, it’s a custom format designed to transfer data from one Invoice Ninja install to another. Using Zapier (or a similar solution) would probably be a better option.

ok gotcha. no Json :slight_smile:

what if i try to do the same with CSV. i have spent 4 hours trying different CSV files created from CSV data downloaded from my bank, but i keep getting errors in the upload stating that my records were not added due to already existing (NOT) or missing required fields. only required field i can find in Swagger is invoice_number and i have that. so unsure what i am doing wrong. here is the detailed error message on the first record :

The following records failed to import, they either already exist or are missing required fields.
{“name”:“K.A.A.KLOKGIETER”,“email”:false,“invoice_number”:“particulier sep 3”,“po_number”:false,“invoice_date”:“06-Sep-2019”,“due_date”:“06-Sep-2019”,“paid”:false,“terms”:false,“public_notes”:false,“private_notes”:false,“item_product”:false,“item_notes”:“BETALING 5 PERSONEN TUKTUK KLOKGIETER”,“item_quantity”:“1”,“item_cost”:“161.16”,“item_tax1”:“BTW 21%”,“item_tax2”:false}

while i am at it, as i download this data from the bank, the invoices have been paid so i would like to immediately mark them as paid. Hope you can help. thanks in advance, Peter

Update to earlier post: i figured out in the meantime that (contrary to what i assumed) i DO need to load clients before invoices… I thought i read in the InvoiceNinja user guide that when loading invoices for a new client, the client would be created automatically. It either does not work, or i did it wrong somehow. Still need to figure out how i can add the correct VAT% and mark it paid upon load…

Not sure, if you can show us where you read it in the docs we’ll make sure it’s corrected