Upgraded installation error

Hello,

I upgraded my installation of Invoice Ninja through Softaculous today to version 3.0.3

Now getting this error when loading the main page

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1215 Cannot add foreign key constraint (SQL: alter table accounts add constraint accounts_company_id_foreign foreign key (company_id) references companies (id) on delete cascade)

Nevermind, fixed by adding APP_CIPHER=rijndael-128 to env file

Had to reset password to get into the account, now on the dashboard I just get this message

Whoops, looks like something went wrong.

Tried to fix this

by commenting out the contents of the up function (lines 15 to 52) and loading /update again.

Now getting the error below

SQLSTATE[42S21]: Column already exists: 1060 Duplicate column name ‘refunded’ (SQL: alter table payments add refunded decimal(13, 2) not null, add payment_status_id int unsigned not null default ‘4’, add routing_number int unsigned null, add last4 smallint unsigned null, add expiration date null, add gateway_error text null, add email varchar(255) null, add payment_method_id int unsigned null)

Ok I managed to get the site to update and load by commenting out lines in *_payments_changes.php in migrations folder.

My question is this do I have to keep all those lines commented out?
Or can I put it back the way it was?

I did put it back the way it was

and I’m already on the new version and loaded /public/update again but I’m seeing errors there

Is the database ok after doing all this? and will I be able to update to new version in the future?

If you see errors when loading /public/update then you’ll likely see more problems.

Have you moved to a different server? The default table type in MySQL was changed to InnoDB which we’ve seen cause this problem. If that’s the case you can fix it with this query:

https://www.invoiceninja.com/forums/topic/problem-with-new-install/#post-5313