Update

Hello,

what is the proper way to update ninja?

Thanks Johann

Hi,

Copy over the latest zip and then load /update in your browser. For example, https://invoices.mysite.com/update.

You may want to make a backup of your database.

Thank you very match!

hello ,

just overwrite all files or upload the zip to the root folder ?

When you start using the app some files are created (ie, config, logo, etc) which you want to keep after upgrading. To accomplish this you want to copy the new files over the old ones.

ok thx , just made a full backup and will see, first time :slight_smile:

tried a couple of times updating ( overwriting all files and going to update link provided above )

Page PDF layout of Bold is LOST and modern is scrambled.

reverted back to 2.3.0

I’m not sure. If you could send me a screenshot it’d be helpful. If you decide to try again I’d suggest checking that the invoice_designs table is fully populated.

i did not delete the folder on the server , just overwritten all files from the new zip

Can you check for any errors in your browser’s console.

Also, which language are you using?

i am using language NL

what errors do you want me to check and how do i do that ?

Follow the steps for your browser, if there are are errors they’ll be in red.

http://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/8525/how-to-open-the-javascript-console-in-different-browsers

Thanks

The specified value ‘!’ does not conform to the required format. The format is ‘#rrggbb’ where rr, gg, bb are two-digit hexadecimal numbers.

in yellow

and with template modern

built.js?no_cache=2.3.3:7975 Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type application/pdf: “data:application/pdf;base64,JVBERi0xLjMKJf////8KNyAwIG9iago8PAovVHlwZSAvRXh…AxOQovUm9vdCAyIDAgUgovSW5mbyAxMSAwIFIKPj4Kc3RhcnR4cmVmCjI2MTAzCiUlRU9GCg==”.

just black white

Same issue in English language

fyi template Clean and plain are working properly

is there any way of exporting all settings & invoices and start over ? importing them afterwards ?

Can you email a bold or modern invoice to contact@invoiceninja.com as test client, it’ll help me try to replicate the problem in my dev environment.

Sorry, we don’t currently support doing a full import/export. Hopefully in a future release…

Hillel , the PDF stays Blank of bold ?
i will copy my existing setup to a testfolder shortly and test around with that one

sent it by email , all of a sudden it generates some kind of pdf.
looking forward to hear from you what the issue is

BTW, copied the map using the same DB as the previous version , previous version is up and running

i tried exporting and importing the DB to a newly generated base DB with a fresh install but it gives me the same issues…