Update v5.3.63-C76 -> v5.3.64 fails

I also have the same issue
Log shows
[2022-03-05 14:02:31] production.ERROR: The “/tmp/v5.3.66” directory does not exist. {“userId”:1,“exception”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\Finder\Exception\DirectoryNotFoundException(code: 0): The “/tmp/v5.3.66” directory does not exist. at /home/redstonewebdesig/public_html/portal/vendor/symfony/finder/Finder.php:592)
[stacktrace]
#0 /home/reds

@david , @robsonma1984 after deleting shared hosts /.cache/… folders the update went just fine.

1 Like

I cleared that and now it just come up sever error when i try to update

I found that I just need to update the permissions so that it is completely writable fixed the problem. bootstrap/cache folder.

thanks @xtekrepair I will try this next time the /.cache problem reapears.

Set bootstrap/cache folder to 777 permission and i still get a Server error when I try to update.

You may want to try the folowing URLs append

?clear_cache=true

to the URL and/or Append

/update?secret=

followed by your APP_SECRET from your .env

Might this help @david ?

thanks i have tried those but i still get server error

Did you add your .env Secret from that line

UPDATE_SECRET=lkjdfgljdfgldfgh

to your URL:

/update?secret=lkjdfgljdfgldfgh

otherwise it might be useful to get into contact with your hoster.

You may also need to use the -R option. So:

chmod -R 777 ./bootstrap/cache

Hi yes I Used the Secret from the .env
The Hosting provider will not help as InvoiceNinja is not their product they say to contact InvoiceNinja Support

I cant use the -R option as i am on a shared server and dont have access to any terminal applications to run commands

Is there any way to do a manual Update? can I just overwrite the file’s but keep the .env file?

Yes, that is working:
https://invoiceninja.github.io/docs/self-host-updating/#shared-hosting-zip-builds

1 Like

I would suggest then using a web interface to accomplish the recursive permissions changes.
Most shared hosting have this sort of option.

Hi,
Yes i changed them using the web interface, i tried the update again but this did not fix the issue

The Manual Update has now updated my Invoice ninja to the latest version.
Although this may not fix the issue, its not a big deal.
Thanks

I am also getting this, even after a clean download the source file.zip, and clean installation. please help

Warning : require(/home2/vixxhquc/gsghomes.net/public/…/vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/vixxhquc/gsghomes.net/public/index.php on line 26

Warning : require(/home2/vixxhquc/gsghomes.net/public/…/vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/vixxhquc/gsghomes.net/public/index.php on line 26

Fatal error : require(): Failed opening required ‘/home2/vixxhquc/gsghomes.net/public/…/vendor/autoload.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pear’) in /home2/vixxhquc/gsghomes.net/public/index.php on line 26

Be sure you are downloading the full zip (200MB+), such as this 5.3.74 release (link). The full release contains the vendor files, which you would otherwise need to install separately via php composer.

The error you are getting shows that you don’t have the vendor autoload on your sever, which makes me think you’ve downloaded just the source files (easy mistake to make).

1 Like

Thank you very much. That was exactly what happened I downloaded the source file.

Thank you again!

1 Like