Update to 5.5.2 and PHP 8.1

Thanks, @david! That’s good to know. Maybe you want to add that to the user guide, as many users might have the same questions.

In the meantime I overwrote the existing files with the latest version. Although I set the php version to 8.1 in my .htaccess file, I get this error:
Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.1.0".
But I guess I’ll be able to solve that.
Thanks a lot for your support!

1 Like

i guess i have solved the problem,
if you are using nginx just edit the following :

nano /etc/nginx/conf.d/invoiceninja.conf

and replace

fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm.sock;

to

fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/php8.1-fpm.sock;

or to the PHP version that you are using.
and then reload nginx service.

1 Like

Some (positive) update. Since last time Siteground added php 8.2 (default is still 7.4.30) so I tried to update again. It didn’t go well, I got same error as before, but when I changed php to 8.2 for my whole domain (not just subdomain where IN is installed) and refreshed site everything started working fine.

Or better, almost fine.
Soon I got a notification from Cron Deamon:

Fatal error: Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.1.0". You are running 7.4.30. in /home/customer/www/X/public_html/vendor/composer/platform_check.php on line 24

I changed in cronjob command /usr/bin/php to /usr/bin/php82 and notification changed to:

INFO  Processing jobs from the [default] queue.  

I did another change to /usr/local/php82/bin/php and now I am getting:

Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

Before that I was not getting any notifications and this is at least annoying.

1 Like

Thanks for the update, glad to hear it’s working!

Any idea why am I getting those notifications?

I believe you should see “INFO Processing jobs from the [default] queue” if the queus is running correctly. Is this the problem you’re referring to?

Yes. So far I was not getting those mails and if everything is ok I see no reason why should I.

So far I also got a couple of mails with some additional lines like:

2022-09-24 19:40:02 App\Jobs\Ninja\QueueSize ................... 3.61ms DONE
  2022-09-24 19:40:02 App\Jobs\Ninja\QueueSize ................... 2.28ms DONE
Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

@david any thoughts?

I am sorry, it was only >> /dev/null 2>&1 missing at the end of cronjob command. It is ok now.