Time Tracker question

Will Time Tracker be available for self-hosting?

Yes, it’s available in the v3.8 self-host release.

Hi there!
Will the local time tracker app for mac/win/linux also work with self-hosted invoiceninja?
I did not find an option to set a custom url (using mac).
Thx

Yes, but you need to create your own version of the app.

http://docs.invoiceninja.com/en/latest/configure.html#time-tracking-app

I had the same question but I see that nativefier is used so that’s great. I don’t think it is possible to create an editable config or anything with nativefier so it makes sense that the regular download is for the hosted version. I suppose anyone who is able to setup the self-hosted version is also likely able to utilize nativefier so sounds good to me. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your comment, it gave me an idea. Although there isn’t a nativefier config we could store the setting in the browser’s local storage.

We’ll add a ‘self host’ button to the hosted time tracker login page which will enable self host users to specify the URL to use. Installing/using nativefier isn’t too bad but if we can remove the steps all the better.

How to make an app using Windows? Tutorials are all for Linux and OSX. There is no navitefier.exe to be found?

nativefier --name “Invoice Ninja” --user-agent “Time Tracker” https://example.com/time_tracker

Thank you
Br,
Dali

I think you need to use npm to install navitefier.

We’re planning to enable self-hosters to use the hosted version of the app in our next release.

That’s great!

Br,
Dali

> "Although there isn’t a nativefier config we could store the setting in the browser’s local storage."

That would be fantastic!

I got Node, NPM and Nativefier working and it works really nicely. Cool to convert any website into app.

You could also add --icon parameter with Invoice Ninja ICO file.

Thank you for great suggestion. Now I can turn my website into APP :slight_smile:
Br,
Dali

Thanks, I noticed the icon was wrong but hadn’t seen the parameter.

By the way, since on the subject. How to create APP for OSX and Linux? Do I need OSX and Linux OS to build it? I guess I can not create all 3 from Windows OS.

I’m asking because you created it for all 3 OS.

Thank you
Br,
Dali

Try setting the --platform parameter

Ahh, yes :slight_smile:

Thank you
Br,
Dali