Template footer overlap

Hi,

I’m using the “bold” template for my invoices and quotes. When I create a big invoice or quote, the text of my line items is under the footer-layer. I thought setting a page-margin would solve this problem, but the page margin also affects the position of the footer. One way to avoid is, is to only show the footer on the last page, but I would like to show the footer on every page.

Any suggestions?

You may be able to fix this by adjusting the footer position as well as the page margin.

Hi.

I have the same problem. On which tab can I adjust the page margin? Footer position can be adjusted on tab footer I suppose. There I have the following values:

{
“columns”: [
{
“text”: “$invoiceFooter”,
“alignment”: “center”
}
],
“margin”: [
]
}

Thanks for any suggetions :slight_smile:

The page margins can be adjusted on the ‘Margins’ tab.

Hi Hillel

Thank you for the fast response, but I can still not solve the problem.
Here is my configuration:

Footer tab:
{
{
“alignment”: “center”
}
],
]
}

Margins tab:
[
]

So the page margin-bottom is 180px, and the footer margin-top is 100px. The table still overlaps the footer…
Do you have an idea how to solve this?

Have you tried increasing the page margins?

Yes I tried to increase the page margins to 280px, but just the footer moves upwards…
It has no impact on the content.

I did some quick testing, you may also need to increase y1 and y2 values on the footer tab to move the footer down.

Hmm I’m not quite sure where to place the y1 and y2 values.
No changes when I place the values like this.

{
{
“alignment”: “center”,
“y1”: “100”,
“y2”: “100”,
}
],
“layout”: [
{
“y1”: 100,
“y2”: 200
}
],
]
}

Have you customized the footer, the default bold design has a ‘line’ section. There should be a margin setting for the $invoiceFooter text.

[ { "canvas": [ { "type": "line", "x1": 0, "y1": 0, "x2": 600, "y2": 0, "lineWidth": 100, "lineColor": "$secondaryColor:#292526" } ] }, { "columns": [ { "text": "$invoiceFooter", "margin": [ 40, -40, 40, 0 ], "alignment": "left", "color": "#FFFFFF" } ] } ]

Hi Hillel

Thank you very much. I could solve the problem now!
I used the standard template and customized it again. Now it works.

Thank you so much for your help and the great software :slight_smile:

Great to hear, thanks for letting us know!

Hey Hillel,

I didn’t want to create a new thread for something that is exactly the same as described here. I’ve re-re-re-read everything a couple of times and I still can’t seem to get it to work. I’m using the business template and even after applying everything that’s written here I still get an overlap (4.5.17).

Could you give me an idea on how to do it with the default business template please?

Sorry, I don’t have the changes to share

It may help to change the value on the ‘Margins’ tab for the bottom margin

Hillel, this will only change the “position” of the footer if I’m not mistaken. This doesn’t change the fact that the Terms are overlapping the footer.

I believe it adjusts both, I suggest trying it

@Hillel: I’ve found the problem, the footer margins of the business template aren’t correct.

Currently they are:

And they should be:

Maybe fix this with a following update?

Glad to hear it’s resolved!

We won’t be able to include this change as it would affect existing invoices, this should be easier to handle in v5.