Tax Exempt clients

Is it possible to setup a client to be tax exempt so I don’t accidentally charge a tax exempt client tax?

Sorry, this is not supported

I’ve been asked of this as well. The client I recommended IN to, has the scenario where they offer services to taxed exempt entities or some of the products within an invoice are tax exempt. They wanted at least a label that marked the client as so. They didn’t want it in the private notes as there might be other text there, so I recommended the use of a client custom field as a select box option. Naturally then they ask about tax exemption at the invoice level. The only workaround i could think of was the use the " line item taxes" so they can set it to zero in the setup of the invoice for those particular clients.

My 2 cents. Hope this helps.

Please add a client field for specific tax exemptions. We have 2 taxes in Canada and clients are often exempt from one of them. It’s a very necessary field. It’s quite strange to have so many other taxation fields and lack this one.
There’s “Tax Exempt” in the “Edit Client” and no drop-down to choose which tax to exempt, yet, I could set up multiple taxes. Or, am I missing something?
I wish I could rename/reuse the irrelevant taxation fields and add another field as well.
We do not have Vat. In BC, we have PST (Provincial Sales Tax) and GST (Goods and Services Tax). Interprovincial clients are PST exempted, as well as some companies and clients from other countries are GST exempt.
It is unprofessional to accidentally charge the incorrect taxes because the preference cannot be set.

Feel free to create an issue on GitHub to request the feature.