SyntaxError Update from v5.5.45 to v5.5.46

FormatException: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

Hi,

It may help to increase the server’s PHP memory limit and try again.

Hi, I’m getting the same error when updating.
On the server PHP memory_limit = 768M and max_execution_time = 240
Do you know how much it requires to be able to run the updates?

@david can you please advise?

To debug this do the following:

open the browser console and go to the network tab.

Start the self update.

If the page errors, inspect the self-update response, there will be an error message buried in there, or in storage/logs/laravel.log

App:
FormatException: SyntaxError: Unexpected token ‘<’, "<!DOCTYPE "… is not valid JSON

Chrome console:
POST https://accounts.wordpressdesign.co.nz/api/v1/self-update? 524

Server error log:
2022-12-08 04:46:38 UTC [apache][:warn] [pid 76286] [client 2404:4404:1749:ed00:78ed:67ef:fa1b:9076:12148] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/u57-12texzmnptso/www/accounts.domain.com/public_html/public/index.php, referer: https://accounts.domain.com/

Nothing in the Laravel log

so this feels like the timeout is returning a HTML page, perhaps the upgrade process is taking longer than the timeout is my self.

I assume the app updates correctly nonetheless?

Yeah it looks like it’s timing out.

In the past the app update has given a similar error but still completed correctly but the last one didn’t complete. I’ve done a manual update this time but I’ll test it again when the next one comes out and see if it’s able to complete.

I had the same issue 10 minutes back when I wanted to update from 5.5.41 to 5.5.47. I also have installed Windows app for Invoice Ninja. I force Update from there and it did the trick. I dont know why I was facing that issue while I was doing it via browser.

I just tried it with the update to 5.5.48 using the mac app and it came up the same error and the update doesn’t complete.