Self hosted -got login page but cannot login

Hi zoup/Hillel,

Finlay i been resolved the issue…I has moved ninja public folder to public_html from default ninja folder and change the permission to 755 and now its started to work…Thanks and appreciate the guidance and time taken to answer my queries…I m able to log in now …now i have to spend time to go through other functionalities…Once again thanks to all.

1 Like

Now I am able to login through browser by calling url.of sub domain…But when I use android mobile app using same url…Its says you may add /public along with url…But that doesn’t work either…Any idea…?

I’m not sure. You shouldn’t need to modify the file structure, it puts the app in an unknown state which makes it difficult to support.

Thanks Hillel …I been resolved that as well.

1 Like

Now I m facing issue with logo on invoice pdf also the pdf generation some time works and some time blank gray screen …I had switched the phantom to false and true and optimized artisan several time…But still it’s very very slow and not generating pdf…Some time it’s generate very late and logo image shows as an error block.

Were you able to install the app without changing the file structure?

Yes…I had reinstalled with the help of softclause support and now its working fine …Only trouble left with me 1 is logo and 2 is some time pdf generation is very very slow…Logo if uploaded its shows error on the image portion on pdf…I m including the health check screenshot…There one error on pdf…Is it indicate anything?
For logo i had verified app url on .env and checked permission on /public/storage…Both looks fine.

If I replace logo image in the /image folder will it change default logo with company logo?

For the best performance we recommend using Headless Chrome but if it isn’t supported by your server we offer a hosted solution to white label users.

https://invoiceninja.github.io/docs/self-host-troubleshooting/#hosted-invoice-ninja-pdf-generation

If you can send details about the error from the logs we’ll try to help.

Hi Hillel…Thanks for the information on pdf…will look in to that direction…Any idea on logo issue?

@ben do you have any thoughts?

Also it would be great if you can share the steps / guide to use headless chrome for pdf generation in shared hosting.

The docs are here but I don’t believe you can use headless chrome on shared hosting

https://invoiceninja.github.io/docs/self-host-troubleshooting/#pdf-conversion-issues

Bro I had similar issue I discovered that logo image file must be publically accessible. For example if you use it in email signature then it will actually not embed logo in email, it will actually point to the image on your server - so it must be “servable”.

So I assume its same mechanism for the PDFs.

So good way to check is try access your logo from the web and see if apache/nginx serves it:
https://invoiceninja.example.com/etc/etc/etc/logo.png

Just use correct url and test to see if you can access it.

Zoup bro…U r absolutely correct…I had tested earlier…I found the uploaded logo in /public/storage/… location…I give full privilege to that location still when I. Call logo through browser using FQDN with that path i got 404 error… Interestingly while uploading logo i got message as successfully uploaded but the logo is not visible in uploaded screen as well as next to company name…

@rragesh007 From my experience if it cannot show the logo then it is not served properly hence the 404. So at least now you know problem - but how to fix it, well… :laughing: that’s the tricky part!

I’m using a different setup to you (docker, nginx) but I’m sure you can figure it out. I think the install docs on the site are quite good, maybe start there?

It’s definitely a permissions / path problem. The worst kind problem! :angry:

Interestingly while uploading logo i got message as successfully uploaded but the logo is not visible in uploaded screen as well as next to company name

That’s because IN uploaded logo to correct path (so “ok”), but that path is not served by your apache/nginx properly.

Thanks bro…I will brainstorm to the direction you pointed…One question… is docker installation is possible in shared web hosting ?

I don’t know, but I doubt it. :frowning:

Maybe you can find a shared hoster that does allow docker?

Another thing you can try: get it working on localhost, then copy your setup to your hoster.

I find that doing that is faster/easier than troubleshooting on remote servers.

Hi Bro…We found the issue and it is because of the following rewrite rule present in the .htaccess file present in the root directory (/home/xxxx/public_html/.htaccess):
RewriteOptions inherit

If we comment this line, Invoice Ninja site loads fine without any errors and all works like charm.