Search on client number for new invoices

Hello,

I am a new user and was wondering if there was a way to client search based on client number instead of name? When I bring up a new invoice, I cannot search on the client number, or ID number. We have many clients with “The” as the first part of their name. So it would be helpful to be able to search this way when we are putting in new invoices.

Thanks!

Hi,

This is supported in the desktop app, we’ll work to include it in the web app as well.

cc @david

The filters for the react application support client search on the following fields:

client
name
id_number
number
custom_value1
custom_value2
custom_value3
custom_value4

contact
first_name
last_name
email

@david

Does this also apply also apply when searching for clients on the new invoice page?

Sorry for the late reply. It applies when searching for clients on the new invoice page.

Hello Hillel,

As far as I can tell it is not supported in the desktop app, so far as I can tell.

I’m not sure, the filtering is working for me on the desktop app.

My client is set up with a Number and ID number, both as 1700. However I cannot search by these. I can only search via the actual name. When I put 1700 in the client box when preparing a new invoice, it comes back with “No records found”

This is in the Client box when preparing a new invoice. I could send you pics but there is no icon for that.

You can drag/drop files into the text field.

Also, are you sure you’re using the desktop app? I only see the “No records found” message in the React web app.

I have been trying to download the desktop app though the Microsoft store, but cannot because we are running Server 2016. Many others have this same issue. Would there be a way you could email me a direct download link?

Thanks!

Sorry, the Windows app is only available through the app store.

There’s a button at the top of the dashboard which will enable you to change to the Flutter web app.

Where is the button located on the top of the Flutter web app. Is this the same as using the web to access it?

Or is the flutter web app something separate I can download and install?

The button is at the top of the dashboards in the Flutter/React web apps.

I still cannot find the button. Can you email a screenshot? If not, can attach it here or send it to my email: cpacfpmba@yahoo.com? Thanks!

Sorry, I don’t have a screenshot to share. The should be a Flutter icon at the top right of the screen.

I am using chrome and do not see it? I have really never heard of flutter? How do I know it is a flutter app?

Here are the two demos:

Thank you. I am having issues logging in under the different platforms using my credentials:

Invoice Ninja (Cannot login)
Invoice Ninja | Free Source-Available Online Invoicing (Cannot login)
Both of these say the credentials do not match our records