Recurring Invoices - Sending Double or Triple

Hey There,
I’m running Invoice Ninja version 4.5.44.

On the beginning of the month, my invoices that are scheduled for the first send double and triple invoices. I’ve checked the database and can’t find anything to reference this. Checked logs and nothing looks related.

It does increment the numbers higher. So they receive three separate invoices, so it’s triple charging customers.

Any thoughts on this? It seems random. Some people get one invoice as they should, other customers get two and some three.

Originally I had the cron running every minute, I thought this was the issue, as maybe it was double scheduling them. I changed it to run once per day. This did not fix the issue.

The database is running over Docker + NFS for the DB volume. This might cause an issue? But I don’t see how at this point.

Does anyone know the process for how recurring invoices are sent, and which database tables are applicable I can check for double entries or something of the like?

Any help is appreciated!

Sincerely,
Jared

Hi,

Can you check that the crons are configured to run once per day.

https://docs.invoiceninja.com/configure.html

Hey Hillel,

Thanks for the reply.
Here is my crontab:
17 * * * * root cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly
25 6 * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )
47 6 * * 7 root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.weekly )
52 6 1 * * root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.monthly )

#InvoiceNinja

• 5 * * * root /usr/bin/php7.3 /var/www/invoice-ninja/artisan ninja:send-invoices
  • 5 * * * root /usr/bin/php7.3 /var/www/invoice-ninja/artisan ninja:send-reminders

Thoughts?

Your crons are set to run every hour

Ahh, I see. Do you think that’s the issue then?

Will fix.

New Crons:
0 5 * * * root /usr/bin/php7.3 /var/www/invoice-ninja/artisan ninja:send-invoices
0 5 * * * root /usr/bin/php7.3 /var/www/invoice-ninja/artisan ninja:send-reminders

That should work, right? Every day at 5 AM.

That looks good to me