Quote Permission Denied

Hello,

I’ve run into a small issue with generating quotes for an existing customer. I’m prompt with the following:

[2022-03-21 15:13:17] production.ERROR: Impossible to create the root directory “/var/www/invoice-ninja/public/storage/dZCoGOahcMDBvvObZfALtzpSZBRrxou5/QTuY4KwOmLnVVUkmQeHF6ChGVFF1B2dxT1ew2Qn3/EbXwU1D5NcyrfsdGaBFC0BHypxWCbztBCboMjBBa/quotes”. {“exception”:"[object] (League\Flysystem\Exception(code: 0): Impossible to create the root directory “/var/www/invoice-ninja/public/storage/dZCoGOahcMDBvvObZfALtzpSZBRrxou5/QTuY4KwOmLnVVUkmQeHF6ChGVFF1B2dxT1ew2Qn3/EbXwU1D5NcyrfsdGaBFC0BHypxWCbztBCboMjBBa/quotes”. at /var/www/invoice-ninja/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Adapter/Local.php:112)
[stacktrace]

I noticed that the folder itself wasn’t present, so I manually created the folder and granted 775 perms. However, i’m still unable to create quotes for a specific customer.

[2022-03-21 15:33:54] production.ERROR: file_put_contents(/var/www/invoice-ninja/public/storage/dZCoGOahcMDBvvObZfALtzpSZBRrxou5/QTuY4KwOmLnVVUkmQeHF6ChGVFF1B2dxT1ew2Qn3/EbXwU1D5NcyrfsdGaBFC0BHypxWCbztBCboMjBBa/quotes/0002.pdf): failed to open stream: Permission denied {“exception”:"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): file_put_contents(/var/www/invoice-ninja/public/storage/dZCoGOahcMDBvvObZfALtzpSZBRrxou5/QTuY4KwOmLnVVUkmQeHF6ChGVFF1B2dxT1ew2Qn3/EbXwU1D5NcyrfsdGaBFC0BHypxWCbztBCboMjBBa/quotes/0002.pdf): failed to open stream: Permission denied at /var/www/invoice-ninja/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Adapter/Local.php:135)
[stacktrace]

I’ve cloned the quote and applied against a test user successfully. Any ideas how i can resolve this? Note, invoicing is perfectly fine this is just quotes.

Thanks,

Darren

Hi,

It seems like a permissions issues, does the web user have access to the folder?

Extremely weird as the perms were matching the invoice’s folder.

However, I’ve changed from root to www-data with 775, and it’s started working.

Annoyingly, but at least it’s working.