Quote, Invoice and Payment totals changed

Good Day

Suddenly quote, invoice and payment totals on the dashboard not correctly. it shows numbers way too low from what it should be showing yet the actual data in the database tables is there and all the data (quotes and invoice) are there (PHPMYADMIN). Also not all the data from the tables is pulling through on Invoice Ninja. There are tables recorded in PHPMyAdmin that are not showing in the system however probably why it the totals are not showing correctly on my dashboard.

Any idea how I can resolve this? I am running Self Hosted V.5.3.29-W92

So in a nutshell…

Records that were orginally created on invoice ninja (quotes, invoices and payments) which were posted and are visible in PHPMyAdmin database is not populating or showing in Invoice Ninja hence the totals are not showing correctly. How can I resolve this please?

Hi,

I wouldn’t expect the values to change, have you recently upgraded the app?

Can you check how many years of data is set to be loaded on Settings > User Details.

Note: the option it only shown for large accounts.

Hi Hillel.

I go on Settings > User Details and only see ‘Details’ and a ‘Notifications’ tab.

What happened is that I was accessing via web browser and it took forever to navigate (got extremely slow). So I cleared browser cache etc and then immediately after that the totals on the dashboard changed and erased quite a lot of data (not actually deleted the data as I can still see the data in the database via PHP My Admin) however, my desktop app, mobile app and even on the web browser can’t seem to load or pull the data from my database through. Ultra weird, I picked this up when I initially search my emails, I got the quote and invoice and payments for clients but didn’t see this in invoice ninja. when i investigated in the database, I seen it there…

You may want to try changing to the React app, there is an option on the dashboard in the latest release.

Thanks for the reply Hillel. I have updated the desktop app. Blank screen with continuos loading icon. When I check the mobile app and web browser login (gone very slow navigation), the data in my database still doesn’t pull through to invoice ninja dashboard and also missing entries in invoices, quotes and payments within invoice ninja. Any idea how I can get the info to pull through as it once was?

You’ll most likely need to update the web app to support the latest desktop app.

How many years are set to load on Settings > User Details?

When I browse via the web browser or mobile app…

Settings > User Details doesn’t show anything… I only have two tabs… ‘Details’ and ‘Notifications’… the Details tab only shows my name, last name, email and phone, password. the notifications tab only has options on events.

There is nothing else I can tune or configure on this screen.

Which version of the web app are you using?

If you’re still on v5.3 it may help to update to the latest v5.5.

Also to note. Desktop and Mobile app no longer working :sob:

Desktop app now giving me this:

HandshakeException: Connection terminated during handshake

Mobile App:

Error 500

I then went into my laverel logs and can show this:

[2022-09-01 15:47:48] production.ERROR: During inheritance of PDO: Uncaught ErrorException: Return type of Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOConnection::exec($sql) should either be compatible with PDO::exec(string $statement): int|false, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:50
Stack trace:
#0 (COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php(22): Illuminate\Foundation\Bootstrap\HandleExceptions->handleError(8192, ‘Return type of …’, ‘/usr/www/users/…’, 50)
#1 (COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(480): include(‘/usr/www/users/…’)
#2 (COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(346): Composer\Autoload\includeFile(‘/usr/www/users/…’)
#3 [internal function]: Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass(‘Doctrine\DBAL\D…’)
#4 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/Connector.php(66): class_exists(‘Doctrine\DBAL\D…’)
#5 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/Connector.php(46): Illuminate\Database\Connectors\Connector->createPdoConnection(‘mysql:host=dedi…’, ‘(COMMENTED OUT)’, ‘(COMMENTED OUT)’, Array)
#6 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/MySqlConnector.php(24): Illuminate\Database\Connectors\Connector->createConnection(‘mysql:host=dedi…’, Array, Array)
#7 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/ConnectionFactory.php(184): Illuminate\Database\Connectors\MySqlConnector->connect(Array)
#8 [internal function]: Illuminate\Database\Connectors\ConnectionFactory->Illuminate\Database\Connectors{closure}()
#9 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(997): call_user_func(Object(Closure))
#10 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(1033): Illuminate\Database\Connection->getPdo()
#11 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(426): Illuminate\Database\Connection->getReadPdo()
#12 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(352): Illuminate\Database\Connection->getPdoForSelect(true)
#13 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(685): Illuminate\Database\Connection->Illuminate\Database{closure}(‘select * from i…’, Array)
#14 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(652): Illuminate\Database\Connection->runQueryCallback(‘select * from i…’, Array, Object(Closure))
#15 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(360): Illuminate\Database\Connection->run(‘select * from i…’, Array, Object(Closure))
#16 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Schema/MySqlBuilder.php(44): Illuminate\Database\Connection->select(‘select * from i…’, Array)
#17 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Support/Facades/Facade.php(261): Illuminate\Database\Schema\MySqlBuilder->hasTable(‘accounts’)
#18 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/app/Exceptions/Handler.php(78): Illuminate\Support\Facades\Facade::__callStatic(‘hasTable’, Array)
#19 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php(414): App\Exceptions\Handler->report(Object(ErrorException))
#20 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php(112): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->reportException(Object(ErrorException))
#21 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/public/index.php(57): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))
#22 {main} {“exception”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\ErrorHandler\Error\FatalError(code: 0): During inheritance of PDO: Uncaught ErrorException: Return type of Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOConnection::exec($sql) should either be compatible with PDO::exec(string $statement): int|false, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:50
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php(22): Illuminate\Foundation\Bootstrap\HandleExceptions->handleError(8192, ‘Return type of …’, ‘/usr/www/users/…’, 50)
#1 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(480): include(‘/usr/www/users/…’)
#2 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(346): Composer\Autoload\includeFile(‘/usr/www/users/…’)
#3 [internal function]: Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass(‘Doctrine\\DBAL\\D…’)
#4 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/Connector.php(66): class_exists(‘Doctrine\\DBAL\\D…’)
#5 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/Connector.php(46): Illuminate\Database\Connectors\Connector->createPdoConnection(‘mysql:host=dedi…’, ‘(COMMENTED OUT)’, ‘(COMMENTED OUT)’, Array)
#6 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/MySqlConnector.php(24): Illuminate\Database\Connectors\Connector->createConnection(‘mysql:host=dedi…’, Array, Array)
#7 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/ConnectionFactory.php(184): Illuminate\Database\Connectors\MySqlConnector->connect(Array)
#8 [internal function]: Illuminate\Database\Connectors\ConnectionFactory->Illuminate\Database\Connectors\{closure}()
#9 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(997): call_user_func(Object(Closure))
#10 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(1033): Illuminate\Database\Connection->getPdo()
#11 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(426): Illuminate\Database\Connection->getReadPdo()
#12 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(352): Illuminate\Database\Connection->getPdoForSelect(true)
#13 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(685): Illuminate\Database\Connection->Illuminate\Database\{closure}(‘select * from i…’, Array)
#14 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(652): Illuminate\Database\Connection->runQueryCallback(‘select * from i…’, Array, Object(Closure))
#15 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(360): Illuminate\Database\Connection->run(‘select * from i…’, Array, Object(Closure))
#16 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Schema/MySqlBuilder.php(44): Illuminate\Database\Connection->select(‘select * from i…’, Array)
#17 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Support/Facades/Facade.php(261): Illuminate\Database\Schema\MySqlBuilder->hasTable(‘accounts’)
#18 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/app/Exceptions/Handler.php(78): Illuminate\Support\Facades\Facade::__callStatic(‘hasTable’, Array)
#19 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php(414): App\Exceptions\Handler->report(Object(ErrorException))
#20 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php(112): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->reportException(Object(ErrorException))
#21 /usr/www/users/(COMMENTED OUT)/public/index.php(57): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))
#22 {main} at /usr/www/(COMMENTED OUT)/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:22)
[stacktrace]
#0 {main}
"}

If you’ve upgraded to the v5.5 app you’ll need to update PHP to 8.1

I got made a new directory with a new V5.5. I am hoping to get this going so I can simply import all the data from the database to it…

once uploaded, I get a completely dark grey screen.

lavarel logs show:

[2022-09-01 17:55:13] production.INFO: db fails

Are there any errors in the browser console?

absolutely no errors. turned on error reporting and nothing showing… just a blank grey screen. this is a fresh instance of invoice ninja running too…

Can you post a screenshot of the browser console?

1 Like

Thanks, are you running the app in a subfolder?

I think you may be running into this issue:

I am afraid I can’t get the grey screen awawy, I am running new v5 that need 8.1 but likek this i am worried my data wont come though from the older database as i popupated that data over a year, Now so far i will have to have to start all over with new crecords and entries *over 700 cusomter.s not sure they will all go in.site is in a subdirectory.