PHP Fatal error

Hi,

I’m trying to move to a new XAMPP installation. I’m getting a 500 error when browsing to the url. In the apache error log I see these lines:
[Wed Oct 10 23:05:03.978798 2018] [php7:error] [pid 504:tid 1600] [client 192.168.1.120:17678] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in C:\xampp\htdocs\invoiceninja\vendor\laravel\framework\src\Illuminate\Foundation\Exceptions\Handler.php:96\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: Illuminate\Foundation\Exceptions\Handler->Illuminate\Foundation\Exceptions\{closure}(0, ‘Illuminate\\Sess…’)\n#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\invoiceninja\bootstrap\cache\compiled.php(6521): call_user_func(Object(Closure), 0, ‘Illuminate\\Sess…’)\n#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\invoiceninja\bootstrap\cache\compiled.php(12732): Illuminate\Support\Arr::first(Array, Object(Closure), NULL)\n#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\invoiceninja\vendor\laravel\framework\src\Illuminate\Foundation\Exceptions\Handler.php(97): Illuminate\Support\Collection->first(Object(Closure))\n#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\invoiceninja\vendor\laravel\framework\src\Illuminate\Foundation\Exceptions\Handler.php(82): Illuminate\Foundation\Exceptions\Handler->shouldntReport(Object(Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException))\n#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\invoiceninja\app\Exceptions\Handler in C:\xampp\htdocs\invoiceninja\vendor\laravel\framework\src\Illuminate\Foundation\Exceptions\Handler.php on line 96

Running with these versions:

• PHP 7.2.10
  • MySQL 5.7.22
  • InvoiceNinja 4.5.5

Any ideas?

Have you tried it with php 7.1?

Maybe this will help

https://stackoverflow.com/a/42727922/497368

Indeed, after removing the cache files InvoiceNinja was able to update and is working fine now.

Thanks for the great support!

Awesome, glad to hear it worked!