Optimize question

Having some trouble getting INinja to actually SEND the invoice emails out.
It is having an authentication error issue… So, I created a new password to be certain it was accurate, and updated the .env file
still continued to fail. I then created a new email account to be certain the changes to my .env file were being implemented. They are not… the error I receive is still referencing the old email account.
I really do not know what to do with “php artisan optimize” I am on a shared hosting platform, and not sure I can run that anyway. I have tried running the /update and “clear cache” under the Info/Check health dialog.

Thank you in advance for helping a noob out

Hi,

You can use the health check dialog to ensure that changes made to the .env file are being recognized.

Yeah, that’s just it…
I went through the HealthCheck / ClearCache multiple times and it still references the email account that I removed from the .env file when it generates the error when attempting to send an email.
I also have cleared Chromes cache and restarted the application, only thing I haven’t done is reboot the computer… which I may try now that I thought of it.

@david any suggestions?

Hi There,

You will want to run /update?secret=

where secret = UPDATE_SECRET value in your .env

This actually seemed to break my install completely… All I got was a white screen, nothing else…
I actually had to restore a backup to get it working again…

I want to completely wipe the installation files. and reinstall.
I originally tried to install with Softaculous, but it didnt seem to install properly. (at this point I don’t remember the exact issue) so did a manual install and it worked… However, the Softaculous install folder was still there. and my manual install appears to be referencing the .env file in the Softaculous install folder. kind of a mess.
If you have any suggestions on retaining my database, I really need to keep my invoice data intact through this.

There is a lot to unpack here, i’m not sure where to start.

I think the main point is that the system can only reference the .env file in its own folder, it can’t jump into other folders.

In your .env file you can just update it to reference your production database and you should be fine. Please note, you will want to use the SAME APP_KEY referenced in your other .env file as this is used to encrypt/decrypt functions.