Oops, something went wrong! During V5 upgrade

@david any ideas to debug?

can you ask your host to run the full cron command to see if it executes the scheduler correctly?

Hello, I had the same initial issue as @sachinsehdev but am also now able to run v4 & v5 on shared hosting with php 7.2 & php 7.4, respectively. Everything looks good in laravel.log for the migration, although the completion email never came through. I presume v5 is supposed to send it?

Eventually, after verifying everything migrated, I activated v5 manually and set forwarding from v4 to it. I updated the v5 .env file with the same email credentials as v4 and double quotes as per:

https://invoiceninja.github.io/docs/self-host-troubleshooting/

MAIL_MAILER=smtp
MAIL_HOST=smtp.elasticemail.com
MAIL_PORT=587
MAIL_USERNAME="xxsmtp-usernamexx"
MAIL_PASSWORD="xxsmtp-passwordxx"
MAIL_ENCRYPTION=tls

The health check is all passed, the cron job looks correct:

55 5 * * * cd /home/xxmy-userxx/xxmy-hostname.com && /opt/alt/php74/usr/bin/php -d register_argc_argv=On artisan schedule:run >> /dev/null 2>&1

I ran it from a shell prompt with no errors returned. But the red cron warning icon still appears after:

$ php artisan optimize
Configuration cache cleared!
Configuration cached successfully!
Route cache cleared!
Routes cached successfully!
Files cached successfully!

No other errors in laravel.log, the log, or anywhere else I’ve seen. The jobs table is empty and there are several rows in the system_logs table with event_id 61 and type_id 801 and 800, with only IP addresses in the log column. Still, emails are not sending, including a real-time user invitation. They worked well in v4. The 2 v4 cron jobs are still present in the list, which I plan to delete once the new version is fully working.

Any ideas on what else I should check? Thanks!

After changing the cron job to run every minute (“1 *” instead of “55 5” in my post above) from advice in the Slack channel, a manual run of the job, and another optimize - the emails are coming through.

Thanks @hillel!

2 Likes

I have changed everything to asterisk as per docs and fixed my red cron jobs error as well