Oops! An Error Occurred The server returned a "405 Method Not Allowed". Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused

Hello, I’m using Stripe as a payment method on v5. But when making payment, the system requires the client to provide their Zip/Postal Code. When clicking continues the following error occurs.

Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a “405 Method Not Allowed”.

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this!

cc @david @ben

405 indicates a method note allowed.

You may get more information from your browser console for any libraries that haven’t loaded. but i think this may be something unique to your installation.

It was an installation from softaculous. But if you visit the account & edit the profile. Enter the postal code etc., and return to payment gateway (stripe); it bypasses the form and the payment can be processed as usual.

@wanay0003

I think I know the issue on this:

In you .env file please remove the trailing slash from the APP_URL

Thanks for your suggestion, The .env file does not contain any trailing slash. The URL is as follows: https://billing.websiteaddress.tls/public

@wanay0003

If you check the browser console on the 405 error, you’ll see the error related to a Livewire path issue.

I’m getting this same error…not exactly sure how to fix this…someone on fiverr installed self hosted for me…I imported my api from stripe myself…what else can I do here to fix this?

I get the same error message when the customer saves profile data.

Entering the data during registration works without errors, but if the customer tries to change profile data afterwards (e.g. phone number or billing address), the error message 405 also appears.

According to the browser console, it is due to the following call:
https://invoice.roundaboutweb.net//livewire/message/profile.settings.name-website-logo

• Where does “//” after the domain come from (APP_URL in .env is without trailing slash)?
  • Even without double slash the address is wrong.
  • How to fix it?

PHP: 7.4
Ninja: 5.2.19-C58

Since I entered the license key, the error no longer occurs.

I’ve been getting the same error (or more precisely, the client who’s my guinea pig has been getting it) on my installation, also set up through Softaculous. I had Postal Code as a required field for the Stripe gateway. It seems that turning that off may avoid triggering the error.

I confirmed that APP_URL does not have a trailing slash in my .env file, by the way.

I’m having this issue now since I did an upgrade on the weekend. This particular customer, every time he’s going to pay for an invoice there’s a problem.

I don’t have any trailing slash on my APP_URL line. How can I solve this so I get paid for a balance of 4 months invoice fast before customer disappear on me again?

@david any thoughts?

So nothing? There’s no explanation or will to fix this issue? Yesterday I did another upgrade thinking it was going to fix the issue and NO, still the same.

This is a big problem.

@ideasgirl

The issue here is a mismatch in the URL the application is expecting, and the one the app is trying to hit.

If you want to share your URL privately with me I can point you in the right direction.