No Line Total after update

I updated from 3.9.1 to 4.1.4 manually, and thought all was working ok. However, when I try to create or edit an invoice, I get no Line Total. It stays empty for new invoices and on old invoices created before the updrade, the line total remains populated but will not change.

Any ideas?

This is the error that is displayed in the console as the script is trying to display the total:

PDF d22a9ccb7b5b9a0369e5b6c4ca0593ce [1.3 pdfmake / pdfmake] (PDF.js: 2.0.106)
viewer.js:1547:7
Warning: TT: undefined function: 32

Can you post or email us a screenshot, does the PDF preview show correctly?

Have you tried with a different browser?

Hi Hillel, will email - whats the email address?

Tried it on Chrome with same result. Strangley, amending invoices works, but creating new ones fails as described, then I can’t amend afer that. Almost as it pdfmake crashes then can’t recover.

I wondering if its fonts.

Our email address is contact@invoiceninja.com

I’ve just sent that. The PDF does not render the line total. It will render everything else ok as I change it, even though those console errors/warnings still appear.

Just realised that the quantity field is missing from the interface, so its not able to work out what to render. Not sure why its missing at the moment.

Maybe it needs to be added on Settings > Invoice Design > Product Fields

Looks like that solved it. Weird that it disappeared on upgrade.

However it now displays qunatity column on the custom invoice design - when I want just item,desciption, line total (and not quantity). Any idea how I remove it from the pdf but keep it on the interface?

{
“style”: “invoiceLineItemsTable”,
“table”: {
“headerRows”: 1,
“widths”: “$invoiceLineItemColumns”,
“body”: “$invoiceLineItems”
},
“layout”: {
“hLineWidth”: “$notFirst:0.25”,
“vLineWidth”: “$none”,
“hLineColor”: “#e6e6e6”,
“paddingLeft”: “$amount:8”,
“paddingRight”: “$amount:8”,
“paddingTop”: “$amount:4”,
“paddingBottom”: “$amount:4”
}
},
{
“columns”: [
{
“text”: “”,
“width”: “*”,
“margin”: [
]
},
{
“width”: 158,
“style”: “subtotals”,
“table”: {
“widths”: [
],
“body”: “$subtotals”
},
“layout”: {
“hLineWidth”: “$none”,
“vLineWidth”: “$none”,
“paddingLeft”: “$amount:10”,
“paddingRight”: “$amount:10”,
“paddingTop”: “$amount:4”,
“paddingBottom”: “$amount:4”
}
}
]
},

It isn’t supported.

There is a bug currently where if the qty field is hidden the app isn’t automatically setting the qty to 1, this will be fixed in our next minor release.

Thanks Hillel. Is that minor release weeks away do you think? Anything I can change manually in the meantime?

Saying that - previously the qty field was hidden using the product fields, but still appeared on the interface (not on the PDF). Is this how its intended to appear again after the fix?

Just because the qty field isn’t on the invoice, doesn’t mean it is always 1 - at least not for me.

Hopefully in a few days, here’s the fix:

https://github.com/invoiceninja/invoiceninja/commit/dae5dcc3efcded6b39b71daebae5f601579605cf

Sorry, no. We consider that a bug, if the qty isn’t 1 we need to show it on the invoice.

Think I’m confusing myself - you probably right. Will look the fix…,

Fixed work fine.

Thanks Hillel

Thanks for letting us know!