New install error

Hey there folks. I need help with troubleshooting webpage.

Here is the error lines i get when visit website :

Warning: require(): It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. You are required to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone ‘UTC’ for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/user/…/functions.php on line 1

Warning: Unsupported declare ‘strict_types’ in /home/user/…/functions.php on line 1

Warning: require(): It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. You are required to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone ‘UTC’ for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/user/…/functions.php on line 23

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘:’, expecting ‘{’ in /home/user/…/functions.php on line 23

Here is what i have on line 1 in function.php :

<?php declare (strict_types=1);

and here is what i have on line 23 in same file:

function resolve(string $basePath, string $newPath) : string {

Does anyone have a clue on how to troubleshoot this ?: Thank you in advance …

The “Warning: Unsupported declare ‘strict_types’” error usually means the server PHP is less than v7.