Minimum Payment Amount

Hi,
I noted that a deposit amount can be configured for invoices. Is there the possibility to set a required minimum payment amount?

Sincerely,
Ben Manfield

#whitelabelv4.1.5

Hi Ben,

When you enter a Deposit/Partial amount, an invoice will be issued for this amount, a second invoice is then generated for the balance. So the Deposit/Partial will be the minimum amount.

And for each second and subsequent invoice they will be required to pay the deposit/partial amount as a minimum?

Recurring invoices don’t have a Deposit/Partial option.

Regular invoices can be configured as required.

Does this fit your use case?

I dont want a automatic recurring invoice. I want to set a minimum that can be paid for subsequent payments.

I assume this is something that would need to be configured via the payment gateway rather than Invoice Ninja but I thought to ask.

Ben

Just to clarify…

The client has to pay the amount specified, we don’t support accepting a minimum amount.

Hi David,

I found this older topic and wanted to ask a question related to the answer given to Ben. You wrote:

When you enter a Deposit/Partial amount, an invoice will be issued for this amount, a second invoice is then generated for the balance. So the Deposit/Partial will be the minimum amount.

I made a test offer for 6000 with a Deposit/Partial of 3000 . As soon as it was accepted indeed a new invoice appeared in the list.
I then made a “payment” towards this invoice (btw the amount filled in automatically with 6000 and not with the partial/deposit so I changed it manually.
The automatically generated invoice now shows partially paid with 3000 remaining.

Now your wrote “a second invoice is then generated for the balance”. How exactly create that invoice? Do I have to select “Clone as invoice” or what.

A second invoice is indeed needed because the remaining amount might be due later after works are finished. But also no invoices should remain open after alll payments were done.

Probably just overlooking sth , so many thanks for any enlightment :wink:

Best

The statement isn’t correct.

When a partial payment is made the invoice is updated to reflect the payment amount.

Thanks Hillel for your fast reply.
was about to write how to handle best but discovered now the History of invoice feature which keeps accurately track of all the versions of the invoice through the whole billing process.

Thanks my problem is solved.