Migrated from one server to another, it broke install

Hi guys. I install self-hosted InvoiceNinja via Softaculous in cPanel, I moved server from one IP to another with a snapshot via Digital Ocean and it broke my install, this the error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@wecare2.domain.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Hi,

Are there any details about the 500 error in the web server error logs?

Note: when moving the app it’s important to copy the database and .env file.

It’s a like-for-like image of the old server, so the files an database were moved across. I’m just so confused as everything seems to be in order with the .env. Do I need to clear a cache or something?

No logs that I can see in /storage/logs

Apache logs say nothing. I have a sneaking suspicion that it has something to do with Litespeed Web Server as that’s what we were using when we set it up, however we moved to this new server in order to start fresh with Apache. Would this be a cause for concern?

I’m not sure, from that error I’d expect to see details about the 500 in the web server error logs.

Turns out it was a redirect issue inside .htaccess. Thanks for your insight anyway.

1 Like