Microsoft Cognitive Services

Anyone know what role Microsoft’s Cognitive Services plays with regard to Invoice Ninja?

We got this error yesterday:
[2020-06-20 15:14:32] production.ERROR: ErrorException [0] : /home/katycomp/public_html/ninja/app/Http/Controllers/BotController.php [Line 167] => file_get_contents(https://westus.api.cognitive.microsoft.com/luis/v2.0/apps/ea1cda29-5994-47c4-8c25-2b58ae7ae7a8?subscription-key=&verbose=true&q=pettit): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 401 PermissionDenied {“context”:“PHP”,“user_id”:1,“account_id”:1,“user_name”:“John Schmerold”,“method”:“POST”,“user_agent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.106 Safari/537.36”,“locale”:“en”,“ip”:“104.53.167.214”,“count”:1,“is_console”:“no”,“is_api”:“no”,“db_server”:“mysql”,“url”:“handle_command”} []``

I am not worried about the error, it was a one-time thing, it does make me curious about what external services are used when running Invoice Ninja.

BTW: I apologize if this ends up being a double post. My post from yesterday seems to have gone missing during the migration to Discourse.

It looks like InvoiceNInja in this instance is trying to contact Luis, however as your installation doesn’t have a valid env(‘MSBOT_LUIS_SUBSCRIPTION_KEY’) configured the request fails.

My guess is somehow the Luis feature is being triggered however we don’t have checks in place to prevent this from executing without the subscription_key.

InvoiceNinja doesn’t phone home at all and V4 requires configuration for all API endpoints it may hit.

Hopefully this answers your question!

Yes, thank you. It’s pretty cool that we can speech enable Invoice Ninja.
It looks like I need to spend some more time with the documentation.

1 Like