Merging Clients?

I have a large number of duplicate clients created when I get a repeat customer who signs up for service, on my website.

I’ve tried to limit this, but because of inconsistencies in the way people enter their name and address, it’s only partially successful.

According to the MySQL query

SELECT DISTINCT TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS WHERE COLUMN_NAME IN(‘client_id’) AND TABLE_SCHEMA = ‘invoiceNinja’;

client_id only appears in these tables.: ‘account_gateway_tokens’,‘activities’,‘contacts’,‘credits’,‘expenses’,‘invoices’,‘payments’,‘projects’,‘recurring_expenses’,‘tasks’

If I update the above tables to point to the first instance of the client in the clients table and delete the other client records for that customer, is there anything lurking in the shadows that’s going to cause problems?

Or even better, is there a feature for merging duplicates and preventing future duplicates?

Thanks!

Terry

This will most likely break something… for example the balances would be incorrect

> This will most likely break something… for example the balances would be incorrect

Well, I guess I’m glad I asked. :sunglasses:

Is there a “customer merge” feature or utility hiding somewhere that I could use?

Sorry, the app doesn’t have a merge feature