Looking for info on adding simply text invoice templates (self-hosted)

Hello,

I’d like to edit an invoice template. Initially, I want to simply add the words “TAX INVOICE” to the invoice.

I am using the Playful template as the starting point, and wanted to add TAX INVOICE above the area where $invoiceDetails is displayed.

I’ve had a play around in the pdfmake playground, but it seems to use a slightly different way of making declarations (they are not, for instance, put into quotation marks).

I’ve been unable to figure out how to insert a simply line of text where I want it. I can get it into various other places, but not above the invoice details box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Try adding this after the opening square bracket:

{
    "text": "$entityTaxType",
    "fontSize": "$fontSizeLargest",
    "margin": [322, 0, 0, 20]
  },

Thanks Hillel,

I’ve tried in a few spots, and as with my own custom code attempts earlier, nowhere seems to have the desired effect. Obviously I am completely missing the point of how it works.

Here’s the beginning of the template code…

[
  {
    "columns": [
      {
        "image": "$accountLogo",
        "fit": [
        ]
      },
      {
        "canvas": [
          {
            "type": "rect",
            "x": 0,
            "y": 0,
            "w": 190,
            "h": "$invoiceDetailsHeight",
            "r": 5,
            "lineWidth": 1,
            "color": "$primaryColor:#009d91"
          }
        ],
        "width": 10,
        "margin": [
        ]
      },
      {
        "width": 400,
        "table": {
          "body": "$invoiceDetails"
        },
        "layout": "noBorders",
        "margin": [
        ]
      }
    ]
  },

Where in there would I insert the code you’ve provided?

Also, any clues on what field $entityTaxType links to? Does that have “Tax Invoice” in it by default? I suspect it’s something I’ll need to change, yes?

Here is an example of what I am trying to achieve (a before and after)…
Before and after

Actually, I see now that the code that came through by email had a bunch of codes not in the code above.

So… using the code above… adding it where you said HAS in fact placed TAX INVOICE somewhat in the location I was after.

Thanks.

I’ll now see if I can fiddle with the alignment and size. I’ll set up a new style for the size.
As for the alignment, if you have any tips, they would be very welcome.

You can adjust the ‘margin’ values to change the alignment.

Thanks. Got it positioned and sized more or less how I would like.

What I would like, ideally, is to have it included in the table column in which the rectangle with the $invoiceDetails inside of it appears; positioned above it, such that it pushes that rectangle and its contents ($invoiceDetails) down, and the “TAX INVOICE” text sits at the same top alignment as the logo.

Working on that now. I’ll let you know if I get stuck.

Hmmm… seems that no matter where I put it, I can’t get it to be in the same column as the $invoiceDetails box.

Is that even possible? Or perhaps PDFMAKE doesn’t allow for two objects in the same column cell?

I’m not sure I understand, do you want to post screenshots?

Here’s an image showing what I mean.
Top part is the current set up.
Bottom part is what I am wanting to achieve.
Example

Thanks, understood.

The way the design is constructed would make this difficult. You’d need to move the rectangle and $invoiceDetails into a stack and then include the label at the top.

Okay. I got the feeling that might be the case. I’ll just leave it as is for now.

Thanks very much for getting me this far. It’ll do the trick just fine.