List of industry

Hello TEAM…I suggested editing the current list on industry in the dashboard when adding a company profile…BANKING??..you left out Barbershop, hair dresser, driving instructor, web designer…all these are listed in the industry in the database side but then in the backend, industry drop down has less on the list. …as at now, still NO FIX the COMPANY owner name and email address. if you add 20 different companies, they will all have the same owner NAME and email address…

I think is should not be that way. if this is a multi tenant setup, then every company owner should have their unique name and email…right now, all companies have the same name and email…so if a company sends out an invoice, it goes with the name and email address of another company…example…when you first login after stup, you are asked to type a company name and a first and last name…Dust Limited…John smith...john@smith.com …now if you add a new company, you are only giving a form with just company name then currency…no owner’s name and email…because the first owner’s name and email will apply…if you ad a 3rd company same thing goes…now, if you are editing company details and then change the name and email there, it will affect all other companies too…i hope you understand now…i brought this error up few months ago and was expecting a fix

Also, I am hopping I wont have the pdf generation issue in this v5.3.33…I was always embarrassed whenever I wanted to show invoice ninja to someone, the pdf wont let me open any invoice…have you tried implementing DOMPDF instead of phantom?
now, I need help running ninja in a sub folder so i can user www.mydomain.com/bill…i have apache as back end and will use nginx as front end proxy…any help with a proper, secured apache vhost?

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!

Please create an issue on GitHub to request a change/feature:

Hillel hope you are fine. I think the issue we have MUST BE INSTIGATED …CLOSE ATTENTION is needed. Issues after issues, from update to update…making jinja almost useless for many of us. I just installed a fresh ninja V5.3.32 just 2 days ago and right away, I could not view an invoice because pdf generator will spin and spin and spin forever without any output, I set pdf generator from phantom to hosted ninja and that did not solve anything. I also notice a severe lagging…the ninja dashboard is very very slow. i click on something and it takes time to load. I still have the V5.3.22 on the same sever with same vhost config and it is not slow.

here is what i see in my logs

#0 /test/app/Models/Company.php(383): App\Models\Company->language()
#1 /test/app/Http/Middleware/Locale.php(29): App\Models\Company->getLocale()
#2 /tes/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Pipeline/Pipeline.php(167): App\Http\Middleware\Locale->handle()
#3 /test/app/Http/Middleware/TokenAuth.php(90): Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}()
#4 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Pipeline/Pipeline.php(167): App\Http\Middleware\TokenAuth->handle()
#5 /test/app/Http/Middleware/SetDb.php(41): Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}()
#6 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Pipeline/Pipeline.php(167): App\Http\Middleware\SetDb->handle()
#7 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Middleware/ThrottleRequests.php(127): Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}()
#8 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Middleware/ThrottleRequests.php(63): Illuminate\Routing\Middleware\ThrottleRequests->handleRequest()
#9 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Pipeline/Pipeline.php(167): Illuminate\Routing\Middleware\ThrottleRequests->handle()
#10 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Pipeline/Pipeline.php(103): Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}()
#11 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Router.php(697): Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline->then()
#12 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Router.php(672): Illuminate\Routing\Router->runRouteWithinStack()
#13 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Router.php(636): Illuminate\Routing\Router->runRoute()
#14 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Router.php(625): Illuminate\Routing\Router->dispatchToRoute()
#15 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php(166): Illuminate\Routing\Router->dispatch()
#16 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Pipeline/Pipeline.php(128): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->Illuminate\Foundation\Http\{closure}()
#17 /test/vendor/sentry/sentry-laravel/src/Sentry/Laravel/Http/SetRequestIpMiddleware.php(45): Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}()
#18 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Pipeline/Pipeline.php(167): Sentry\Laravel\Http\SetRequestIpMiddleware->handle()
#19 /test/vendor/sentry/sentry-laravel/src/Sentry/Laravel/Http/SetRequestMiddleware.php(42): Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}()
#20 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Pipeline/Pipeline.php(167): Sentry\Laravel\Http\SetRequestMiddleware->handle()
#21 /test/vendor/livewire/livewire/src/DisableBrowserCache.php(19): Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}()
#22 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Pipeline/Pipeline.php(167): Livewire\DisableBrowserCache->handle()
#23 /test/app/Http/Middleware/Cors.php(25): Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}()
#24 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Pipeline/Pipeline.php(167): App\Http\Middleware\Cors->handle()
#25 /test/vendor/fideloper/proxy/src/TrustProxies.php(57): Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}()
#26 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Pipeline/Pipeline.php(167): Fideloper\Proxy\TrustProxies->handle()
#27 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Middleware/TransformsRequest.php(21): Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}()
#28 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Middleware/ConvertEmptyStringsToNull.php(31): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Middleware\TransformsRequest->handle()
#29 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Pipeline/Pipeline.php(167): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Middleware\ConvertEmptyStringsToNull->handle()
#30 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Middleware/TransformsRequest.php(21): Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}()
#31 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Middleware/TrimStrings.php(40): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Middleware\TransformsRequest->handle()
#32 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Pipeline/Pipeline.php(167): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Middleware\TrimStrings->handle()
#33 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Middleware/ValidatePostSize.php(27): Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}()
#34 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Pipeline/Pipeline.php(167): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Middleware\ValidatePostSize->handle()
#35 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Middleware/PreventRequestsDuringMaintenance.php(86): Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}()
#36 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Pipeline/Pipeline.php(167): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Middleware\PreventRequestsDuringMaintenance->handle()
#37 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Pipeline/Pipeline.php(103): Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}()
#38 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php(141): Illuminate\Pipeline\Pipeline->then()
#39 /test/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php(110): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->sendRequestThroughRouter()
#40 /test/public/index.php(57): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->handle()
#41 {main}
"}

when I go into invoice editing mode, i can see a preview at the bottom, but when i select to VIEW PDF, then the blue status icon will spin and spin forever…and the dashboard response / rendering time is too slow…it lags

also as you click add company and start filling out the form, and you change your mind and CANCEL IT…the company is CREATED with name “NEW COMPANY” can that be fixed ?

am going to delete this and try the new update V5.3.33 right now

@david any thoughts on the error?

my guess is: Maybe the server config we use apache2 / nginx vhost could contribute more to such issues… There was a sample apache and nginx vhost on this forum which doesnt work untill you delet part of the php config.

The logo appearance only take effect if you access ninja via a domain name. if localhost, company logo you upload wont work, it wont save at all and without any error message. so if you are testing or starting out ninja setup in localhost, you will face many issues.

when I installed V5.3.32, it was so slow, plus i could not view any invoice so i deleted the setup and will try again with V5.3.33 to see if it lags or not and also pdf generator will work for me.

I will be a happy man if i can showcase ninja some businesses in my community but whenever I have to show it, the invoice will never open…and the more i try, it puts up an html error etc.

I use apache2 as backend and access ninja via nginx proxy…what is a good nginx proxy for ninja man?..maybe we are missing something. but, i am testing many different web apps under tha same server settings but i dont have issue at all. POS system, Church CRM among many others I am testing…they all function ok as far as i know. I use the same proxy vhost to access another invoice app and the pdf generations works fine and fast, no matter how many times i click to view any invoice (that one uses a different pdf generator (DOMpdf). …so it hard to point finger at my server settings but again, who knows…

Hillel, if your selft-hosted ninja works fine without these issues we report…maybe, we need to look at vhost configs, php settings, proxy settings to satisfy ninja so all these issues can stop