Is invoice Ninja comform with the German GOBD?

Hi everyone, is Invoice Ninja comform with the German GOBD certification? And is there an integration to move over from Datev?

Hi,

Sorry I don’t think so, it’s the first I’ve heard of it.

Hi,

It is possible to export invoices etc. as a CSV (Text, ASCII file) and import this file into Datev. It might not be the standard Datev Format but you can set up an import profile in Datev to import any CSV file.

GODB should be possible if you lock invoice as soon as they are sent to the customer.

Cheers,
Gijs

1 Like

Regarding GoDB there was a github issue 4 years ago where this thopic was addressed.

Is there a timestamp available when the invoice was locked?

@Daimonion

One interesting feature in v5 is that we take a snapshot of the invoice each time it is modified and we store this in the backups table of the database.

Inside this table, we store the HTML and created and updated timestamps of each update so this provides an audit trail of any and every change ever made to the invoice.

This may be sufficient for your needs of proving immutability.

We also provide a locking feature where the user can set invoices lockable when they are sent or when they are paid.

3 Likes

Can we lock invoices? :open_mouth: (Edit: Figured it out, it’s an option under workflow)

Currently the credit note system is not usable in Europe because it requires you to alter an existing invoice if you only have one (which is not allowed). If your customer get’s multiple invoices you can use the negative balance on the next invoice. So I would say that that part is also not conform with the German GOBD.

https://forum2.invoiceninja.com/t/payment-cant-be-applied-to-a-credit-note/5963

2 Likes

In my opinion (but I am far away from knowing details about the GoBD) altering an invoice would be okay in v5 because the system takes a snapshot from the original invoice as @david says in it’s post…

1 Like