Invoice emails stopped working

I ran the command and got the response nothing to migrate.

Can you see if resaving the settings on Settings > Email Settings helps

When I set the API key in .env the email settings disappear from Settings>Email Settings. If I remove the API key from .env the email settings are visable again ?

maybe i need to do a clean install , and migrate the data. I have 1 week of backups of my vm but the earliest backup has the same issue.

I have just been told that our invoice ninja vm was moved to a different subnet about 1 week ago which might match up with when this issue started. Customers for the last week and half have not been recieving thier invoices. Below is another error I am seeing in the log
production.ERROR: Illuminate\Database\QueryException [42S22] : /var/www/invoice-ninja/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php [Line 664] => SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘email_design_id’ in ‘field list’ (SQL: u
pdate accounts set updated_at = 2020-12-03 05:15:38, email_design_id = 1, email_footer = where id = 1) {“context”:“PHP”,“user_id”:1,“account_id”:1,“user_name”:“IT Xpress”,“method”:“POST”,“user_agent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:83.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/83.
0”,“locale”:“en”,“ip”:“10.1.10.5”,“count”:8,“is_console”:“no”,“is_api”:“no”,“db_server”:“mysql”,“url”:“settings/email_settings”} []

Sorry, not sure what to tell you. The error looks like a field is missing, the most common explanation is that a database migration hasn’t been run but that wouldn’t be caused by the subnet changing.

hmm ok , thanks for your help anyways. I will try to sort out the issue for a little longer otherwise ill just start from scratch. can i transfer the white labeling to a new server if i have to move that way ?

Yes, you can manually apply a white label license

It’s on the invoice PDF, if you don’t have it you can email contact@invoiceninja.com

thanks, is it possible to import the json data to a version 5 install ?

To upgrade from v4 you need to install v5 as a separate app and then use the migration tool in the latest version of v4 on Settings > Account Management.

but if im having issues with missing db tables I wouldnt be able to follow that path would i ? would that mean i would have to install a new v4 and import the json then upgrade to v5 ? thanks

In theory that should work