Invoice design help

I am making good progress with making a custom invoice but i am getting tripped up with the following: When i add a bid of code to the public notes section while creating an invoice it for some reason keeps shifting it down. I want this to show directly next to the totals like it does if i remove my code an just enter straight text. I know it is something with my code but i cant seem to figure it out. Any help would be great.

<table style="width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse;">
<tbody>
<tr>
<th style="background-color: limegreen; color: white; padding: 10px;" colspan="1">Public Notes:</th>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="padding: 10px; background-color: white;" colspan="1">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nullam vehicula justo vitae arcu placerat, ac placerat ligula laoreet. Integer dapibus auctor purus, nec pretium mi fringilla at. Duis sed velit nec orci ultrices ultricies. Sed et urna non quam convallis euismod. Nullam suscipit tincidunt orci, eget fermentum purus pharetra at.</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Hi,

@david do you have any suggestions?

need to see more of the code here, but essentially, if you want two components side by side, you will need to have them both in the same div and then also ensure that the css allows them to be side by side.

For instance in this case, i would consider 2 grid columns with 2fr 1fr spacing

Ok thanks but where do i find the code for the sub totals? I am adding the “Public Notes” code on the induvial invoice. Which i would honestly rather have it added to the invoice template its self but i am struggling to find where it should go cause of things being broken up.