Internal server 500 after running upgrade šŸ˜±

@bggunnz

Iā€™ve made some changes in 5.3.82 for this, let us know if it persists on the next upgrade and weā€™ll look into it further.

@david Thank you brotherā€¦ I will

@david it did it again my friendā€¦ This is the file that is the problem.

You need to check your server configuration, server logs and dig deep mate.

There is a reason why your installation is constantly crashing and only you can find the cause to it really.

No one here is s private investigator you knowā€¦:wink:
Thus no one can help you really if you do not provide technical information. We like to help if we can though, but all one can do right now is to guesswork, but guessing donā€™t solve muchā€¦ :scream:

Have you given it enough server resources like memory etc.so it is not starving for ā€œresources and airā€?

Using a VPS is a must in my opinion. In a shared hosting environment you are impacted by other users and if they use a lot of the serverā€™s resources then you get an negative impact.in that.

Another option you might consider is that you use Invoice Ninjaā€™s hosted paid service https://www.invoiceninja.com which you can sign up for here Pricing Plans | Invoice Ninja if this is too complicated for you.

Self hosting /on-premise isnā€™t for everyone you know. It can be really hard sometimes, especially when you do not have enough knowledge about it.

Good luck with it @bggunnz, I do hope you find the solution to your issues.:+1:

Is this an accepted behavior @david ?
This guy just DMed me this:

For the record @bggunnz ironically this is my thread which I started and you hijacked it. And you have no reason to be rude when community members are attempting to help you.

Kind regards
AngryWarrior.

Hi Guys,

If we can keep the conversations civil that would be great.

In regards to this issue, I am tagging v5.3.84 now. within this update we attempt to clear out the cache folder. Please note weā€™ll only know if this is working correctly when we do the update from .84 to .85 so there may be another cycle of clearing the cache manually.

@david That is why I was keeping it in the DMsā€¦ Conversations need to be constructive and helpful and NOT sarcastic. I am here to learn. I am not here to be bashed because I might not have as much experience as the next guy.

Iā€™m pretty certain that telling any member to ā€œshut the fuck up and stay off my threadā€ both in public or in private messages is a break of the forum TOS/community standard in most places including here.

Oh by the way start your own thread bggunnz

Kind regards
AngryWarrior.

You should really re-read my message and put the googles on.

I said that you need to provide more information so we can help you.

Then donā€™t yell and use offensive foul language at the ones that could help you.

Kind regards
AngryWarrior.

Donā€™t love seeing this sort of drama on the forums, hopefully we can all de-escalate.

@AngryWarrior you were clearly trying to help, we very much appreciate when the community chime in with replies. @bggunnz I appreciate that you prefer being helped by the core team members but itā€™s important to treat all forum members with respect.

Hopefully we can move past this and get back to providing supportā€¦

3 Likes

@david the only time i get an error is using the browser, if that helps. PC and Android app donā€™t have this issueā€¦ BTWā€¦ I run a pretty beefy Centos server, where I am also hosting multiple web applications.

@hillel While I appreciate the experience and ideas from community members, I donā€™t appreciate someone talking down to me and suggesting that I try the non-self hosted version due to my level of knowledge with this particular application. This is all I will say about this matter.

It still doesnā€™t give you the right no matter how you feel, to be rude, offensive and using foul language to other community members that is attempting to help you just because you do not agree with themā€¦

There is no excuse for such behavior, period.

Kind regards
AngryWarror

We solved the e-mail issue and by removing the double quoting in the .env file for the e-mail credentials solved the issue.

Even with a non complex password (which we ended up testing with), didnā€™t solve it. When the double quotes were in the credentials etc the system refused to send the e-mails.

However removing all double quotes in the email section of the .env file made the trick which is a bit odd since the documentation strongly emphasizes the importance of the double quotes. :thinking:

Kind regards
AngryWarrior.

Thanks for sharing the solution!

cc @david

1 Like

It is my pleasure.
Thank you Hillel.

Kind regards
AngryWarrior

1 Like