Install Invoice Ninja v5 on Enterprise Linux 8

I followed this very information guide to setup IN. And it seems to be mostly established. However, it seems as though the database tables are refusing the establish. I tried a previous walkthrough for an older version before finding this guide and it had me preform a
php artisan db:seed command.
Is there something similar missing from this guide?
I’m using a separately hosted DB.

The setup page defaults to the db-ninja-01 but if I enter my information I receive a “Success” message when testing the connection.

Error when enabling debug
# SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'invoices.accounts' doesn't exist (SQL: select * from accounts limit 1)

Hi @TechnicallyComputers , there is any chance for a guide like this for install V5 on FreeBSD12 ?

Probably not, I don’t use it, and have no career prospects that would make use of it. Add to that I have too many things on my plate already. Sorry

I’ve never done that either, but maybe this is a starting point: https://github.com/invoiceninja/invoiceninja/wiki/FreeNAS-11.2-(FreeBSD)

This could be used as a direction/path, however following exact steps won’t work, because minimum PHP is 7.3

i followed this up, and its not working for me… frustrating. anyways thanks for the effort, still trying to get this V5 installed correctly.

Hey there, this is a post by our valuable community member. It’d be best for Alex to reply with help.

However, in order for him/us to help you anyway, you’ll have to provide more info/context on your problem, otherwise, we’re tilting at windmills.

It’s not easy to support and maintain on enterprise Linux. The package is designed for Ubuntu, and running on Enterprise Linux variants requires building IN from source code every time you update the app.

Php-fpm also requires manual configuration on this platform, but for Ubuntu it is ready to go because NGINX and Apache use the same user name on Ubuntu.

There might be some step you missed, or a bug to discover, but the instruction set works on RHEL, and CentOS and even Fedora with some modification.

If you follow the guide for Ubuntu, there is much less manual configuration required and the app can self-update since the app packages are made for Ubuntu.

If you insist to setup on enterprise Linux you can try to post what exactly you’re struggling with.

1 Like