Hi, currently trialling InvoiceNinja 3.9.2 (self-hosted) in Australia. I suspect “in Australia” may be key here.
What I do: apply an “inclusive” tax to a line item.
What I expect: the cost of the tax is calculated and presented as a subtotal (i.e. the item’s cost is “inclusive” of whatever tax rate is applied). Note that in Australia, a $100 item including 10% GST would include $9.09 tax.
What actually happens: the cost of the item is reduced and the cost of the tax is added to the total.
What makes it worse #1: if I change to a different (inclusive) tax, the cost of the item is further reduced, affecting the final invoice total cost.
What makes it worse #2: if I change the item’s cost, the applied tax is recalculated on top of that cost. To avoid this, I have to instead un-apply the tax, change the cost, then re-apply the tax - at which point I am back to the original problem of “what I expect” not equalling “what actually happens”.
Incidentally: when “Include line item taxes in line total” is ticked in Settings / Tax Rates, that change is applied to the PDF but not the form.