I'm getting a weird openssl error during pdf creation

[2021-07-29 12:40:19] production.ERROR: file_get_contents(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:
error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed {“userId”:1,“exception”:"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): file_get_contents(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:
error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed at /usr/share/nginx/invoiceninja/app/Models/Presenters/CompanyPresenter.php:62)

not sure what I’m missing. Server is behind a nginx reverse proxy (which worked without issues on v4)

any help would be appreciated

@david any thoughts?

Most likely an outdated CA on the host server. We can add a check to ignore SSL verification for the company logo.

the server (ubuntu 20.04) is a fresh install. the local cert are self generated (used the published install guide steps). The frontend (different server) is generating lets enccrypt certs and it’s not expired. It’s going through cloudflare also (tried with and without proxying just in case).

how can I set it to ignore the ssl verification ?

thanks

Simon

@cloutiersi

I’m not sure. I’ve added some code to ignore the ssl verification, this will be available in the next release