Expense Report Issues

This is my first suport request, and at the start I would like to thank everyone who is working on developement and maintenance of this great database.
Nothing is ever perfect, but I wanted to let you know about a few issues I detected while running Expense Reports

  1. The custom date selection is not working. I am trying to select 1 Jul 2016 to 30 Jun 2017 (this is applicable to any report type).
  2. When selected paid only report it does not filter out non paid expenses.
  3. It would be nice to export more fields when exporting to external files.
    I very much like the option to group available fields, but it would be nice to also export grouped data.

I was going to use this report to help out preparing my TAX, but was kind of disapointed that after entering so much data into the database I was forced to redo all elsewhere :frowning:

  1. I’m not sure, which date format are you using? I’m using the default format and can enter “Jul 1 2016” and “Jun 30 2017” to select the range.
  2. The expense report doesn’t support filter by status, how are you selecting paid?
  3. We’ll keep this in the mind for the future.

You may want to consider running SQL queries against the expenses table in the database to load the data you need.

Hi Hillel,
Thank you for your quick reply.
I’am in Australia and here we use the following date format DD/MM/YYYY
Unfortunately this format is not available under Localization Options so I settled for the closest one being DD/MMM/YYYY. I have tried using different date formats but they do take a lot of space on the final prints.

Here is a screenshot showing the paid option. paid Option

I like your suggestion to run SQL queries against the expense table, but my skill level is nowhere near to do that :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info and screenshot! It looks like you’re using a slightly older version, it may help to upgrade to our latest version (v3.6.1).

I upgraded to 3.6.1
No change to above, but i have used Export Data option under settings into Excel

Cheers

I think I see the issue with the expense status filter, it shouldn’t be shown but seems to be appear when you first load the page if expenses was the last used report. We’ll fix it in the next release.

The dates for the filter need to be set as “Mar 10 2017”, what values are you using exactly?

Changing the date format didn’t do anything

I will try to show you pic by pic
1

Click on the custom range
2

Select the first Date, but note both dates (above left and right) changed when clicked date
3

Now move to the second date selection (right side) and select month. Note I did not click on the Day yet… above (left and right) fields seem normal.
4

However, when I click on the day 30 (on the right side), both above dates update to the save value (above left and right)
5

After playing with it little more, I noticed that instead of clicking on the green apply button, I have to go back and click inside the first date selection (left) field which would revert back to the original date. Now I can click on green Apply.

6

I think I see the problem, when clicking the end date the start date appears to change however if you move your mouse off the date you’ll see it still has its old value. We’ll see if we can improve the behavior.

Thank you