Error at the end Cron job - php artisan ninja:send-reminders

After a recent upgrade, I am seeing some errors at the end of the send-reminders cron job. The Cron email has the following line at the end:

[Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError]
  Call to a member function count() on array

I tried browsing to /update, running CLI composer update, php artisan migrate, but nothing seems to help.

Here is the stacktrace:

#1 [internal function]: App\Console\Commands\SendReminders->fire()
#2 /var/www/example.com/html/bootstrap/cache/compiled.php(1375): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /var/www/example.com/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Console/Command.php(169): Illuminate\Container\Container->call(Array)
#4 /var/www/example.com/html/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(261): Illuminate\Console\Command->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#5 /var/www/example.com/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Console/Command.php(155): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#6 /var/www/example.com/html/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(817): Illuminate\Console\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#7 /var/www/example.com/html/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(185): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(App\Console\Commands\SendReminders), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#8 /var/www/example.com/html/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(116): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#9 /var/www/example.com/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foun
dation/Console/Kernel.php(121): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Objec
t(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\O
utput\ConsoleOutput))
#10 /var/www/example.com/html/artisan(35): Illuminate\Foundation\Console\
Kernel->handle(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony
\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#11 {main}

Where could I look ?

Thanks!

I think this bug was introduced in v4.2.0 but should be fixed in v4.2.1

Ah! Didn’t realize I was a bit behind. Upgrading to new release fixed it!

Thanks a lot!
@journeyer

Great to hear, thanks for letting us know!