Desktop App Crashes when trying to change columns

Hello Team,

I’m currently on v5.4.4-W85, the desktop version, recently updated. Right now I have three issues:

  1. When I try to change the columns on any list (invoices, quotes, tasks) it crashes and the apps closes. It sometimes get to show the popup with the columns then crashes, sometimes it crashes right after clicking on the columns button.

  2. The overview section is gray. I understand that this might be caused by one of the components of it, but don’t know how to troubleshoot further.

  3. When I try to use the web version, login fails and I get redirected. https://accounting.infinitegroup.com.do/login returns a 404 after clicking on login.

A bit of context:
After updating, I switched the frontend rendering (can’t recall if it was from flutter to react or the other way around, not sure how to check).

Troubleshooted so far:

  • /update?secret=mysecret
  • php artisan optimize
  • reboot the droplet (I’m on a Digitalocean droplet)
  • Enabled debug mode on the env file

Latest on laravel.log

[2022-06-21 21:28:52] production.ERROR: Cannot declare class ReportIncludeDraftsInCompaniesTable, because the name is already in use {"exception":"[object] (Symfony\\Component\\ErrorHandler\\Error\\FatalError(code: 0): Cannot declare class ReportIncludeDraftsInCompaniesTable, because the name is already in use at /usr/share/nginx/invoiceninja/database/migrations/_2021_08_25_093105_report_include_drafts_in_companies_table.php:7)
[stacktrace]
#0 {main}
"} 
[2022-06-22 00:00:02] production.INFO: updating currencies  
[2022-06-22 06:00:01] production.INFO: Performing Autobilling 2022-06-22 06:00:01  
[2022-06-23 00:00:03] production.INFO: updating currencies  
[2022-06-23 06:00:01] production.INFO: Performing Autobilling 2022-06-23 06:00:01  
[2022-06-24 00:00:04] production.INFO: updating currencies  
[2022-06-24 06:00:01] production.INFO: Performing Autobilling 2022-06-24 06:00:01  
[2022-06-25 00:00:04] production.INFO: updating currencies  
[2022-06-25 06:00:02] production.INFO: Performing Autobilling 2022-06-25 06:00:02  
[2022-06-26 00:00:02] production.INFO: updating currencies  
[2022-06-26 06:00:02] production.INFO: Performing Autobilling 2022-06-26 06:00:02  
[2022-06-27 00:00:03] production.INFO: updating currencies  
[2022-06-27 06:00:02] production.INFO: Performing Autobilling 2022-06-27 06:00:02  
[2022-06-28 00:00:03] production.INFO: updating currencies  
[2022-06-28 06:00:01] production.INFO: Performing Autobilling 2022-06-28 06:00:01  
[2022-06-29 00:00:03] production.INFO: updating currencies  
[2022-06-29 06:00:01] production.INFO: Performing Autobilling 2022-06-29 06:00:01  
[2022-06-30 00:00:02] production.INFO: updating currencies  
[2022-06-30 06:00:01] production.INFO: Performing Autobilling 2022-06-30 06:00:01  

I apologize beforehand, I just don’t know what to do or how to troubleshoot further beyond this point. I’ll be more than happy to provide further details.

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

  1. Other users have reported this but I haven’t been able to reproduce yet, we’ll continue to work on it. As a workaround you can use the web or mobile apps to configure the list of columns.

  2. I’m not sure I understand what you’re referring to, can you post a screenshot?

  3. You can try manually changing between the app by running this SQL command: UPDATE accounts SET set_react_as_default_ap = 0;

@david any thoughts on the error in the logs?

Sure, this is how the overview tab looks like. It also happens on the desktop version:

After executing the SQL, now i’m able to log in to the web version. Thanks for that. The issue with the columns does NOT happen in the web version, only on the desktop app.

@infinitegroup

Did you get past the migration error? What version of PHP are you running?

Are there any errors in the browser console when loading the web app with this link:

https://yourdomain.com/?build=profile

Yes I did pass the error. I believe i’m on nginx 1.18.0 and I also have php 7.4.3 installed.

This is what I got, I see a typeError when selecting the overview tab:

Thanks, that’s helpful!

I think the problem may be caused by task time data, if you have any running tasks it may help to stop them. We’ll look into it.

Are you able to check for any tasks in the database where the time log isn’t an array value, it should appear like [[100000,100000]].

Hello,

This was the issue. A while ago I was trying to integrate with Clickup and was creating tasks via API. Probably an old task wrongly added was causing the problem.

My MySQL knowledge is very basic, but this is que SQL query I used to find the culprit :nerd_face::

select id,time_log,number from tasks where time_log not like '%[[%'

Task 220 was wrong, so I deleted it. Now the Overview tab is back. :hugs:

Thanks a lot!

Glad to hear it, thanks for the update!

@david if possible it would be good to prevent this in the API.