Custom Fields & Email Templates, can't get it working

I have the following custom fields for invoices:

and I want to use these fields in the email templates. I can see that there is $custom1 and $custom2, but neither of these seem to work. There also seems to be 4 custom field options…so where is $custom3 and $custom4? Are these variables for something else?

How can I use my custom fields in email templates?

The app is only showing the 1 and 2 variables because they’re the only ones configured.

@david can you please advise if the variable is correct?

Okay, but why don’t they appear on the invoice template?

The variable does not seem to display what I have input in the custom field on the invoice.

Screenshot 2022-06-04 102851

https://invoiceninja.github.io/docs/custom-fields/#custom-fields

here are all the available fields.

I have some difficulties with the UI in v5. Some custom fields from the doc don’t work.

I tried many time $thanks, $from, $to, never manage to get it work…

Also when we add a custom label, there is no way to know the good input to use ($this or $that).

Hello,

I know this is an old article but, I have an issue more or less like that.

I’m trying to put a Payment Custom Field to show the result on the invoice. I tried to look in this link Free Source Available Invoicing, Expenses & Time-Tracking | Invoice Ninja, but didn’t find anything.

@david or @hillel can you help me with that?

@cavetech

In the next release you can use $payment.custom1,2,3,4 on the invoice. Just to note, if there are multiple payments on the one invoice, only the first payment custom value will appear.

Cool.

Thank you @david !