Currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500

Hi,

After moved my site from one host provider to another, my invoice Ninja self hosted site stopped working,

Please note that mySQL database has also been imported to the new server with the same database name and passwords etc.

1. Renamed my existing imported InvoiceNinja folder to ‘invoice_OLD’
  2. I have made a fresh new folder in the new host ‘invoice’, (same name ‘invoice’ as in the old server folder name )
  3. Extracted all the InvoiceNinja files freshly downloaded from InvoiceNinja site to the new folder
  4. Copy the .env file from the ‘invoice_OLD’ folder to the new extracted InvoiceNinja folder ‘invoice’

When I try to access it it gives following message in Chrome.

This page isn’t working www.blueribbon.com.au is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

when I check the error_log in invoice/public/

it shows following error messages; Hope someone can help.

[01-Feb-2019 10:41:13 Australia/Sydney] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘Request’ not found in /home/blueribb/public_html/invoice/app/Exceptions/Handler.php:106
Stack trace:
#0 /home/blueribb/public_html/invoice/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php(326): App\Exceptions\Handler->render(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), Object(Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError))
#1 /home/blueribb/public_html/invoice/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php(124): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->renderException(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), Object(Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalThrowableError))
#2 /home/blueribb/public_html/invoice/public/index.php(51): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))
#3 {main}
thrown in /home/blueribb/public_html/invoice/app/Exceptions/Handler.php on line 106

I’m not sure, I haven’t seen this error before.

You may want to start by trying to get a fresh install working.

changed the PHP version to 7.1 and the page is now loading

Glad to hear it’s working, thanks for sharing the solution!