Cron Jobs not working since upgrading to 2.5.1.3

Hello

I have been having a problem since softaculous preformed the upgrade from 2.4.8.1 to 2.5.1.3 on my self hosted install of Invocieninja.

My Cron jobs are not running and are generating the following errors.

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘class’ (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or ‘{’ or ‘$’ in /home/driveshare/public_html/portal/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/helpers.php on line 146

I have set my PHP version in cpanel to use PHP 5.5, and I know this is working because It breaks my website that only supports PHP 5.4.

I get the same error when running the artisan ninja:send-invoices or artisan ninja:send-reminders command via SSH

My Cron jobs are set to run at 4am everyday and have not had a problem until after the upgrade.

/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php /home2/driveshare/public_html/portal/artisan ninja:send-invoices
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php /home2/driveshare/public_html/portal/artisan ninja:send-reminders

Any Help would be greatly appreciated as I am completely lost as how I need to tackle this.

Kind Regards

Cyberone

In v2.5.1.x we’ve upgraded to Laravel 5.2 which requires PHP >= 5.5.9.

Thanks for your reply Hillel.

I have Changed the PHP version thourgh cpanel to 5.5 and also tried 5.6 and in desperation tried the next version available 7.0.

The same error is being generated when attempting a cron job

Thanks

Can you check the CLI version of PHP by running php -v on the command line.

Thanks again for your reply Hillel.

running php -v shows PHP 5.4.31 even though I changed it through cpanel to 5.5 and 5.6.

Interesting. Looks like I will need to contact my Hosting provider.

Thanks for your help

Just an update.

The hosting provider let me know that I was using PHP the third party directory which is used for the internal applications such as phpMyAdmin, Webmail etc.

I needed to point it to /usr/local/bin/php instead of /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php

Thanks for your help in solving this problem Hillel.

Shalom