Copy (CC) of each invoice by default?

Hello
I’m wondering if it is possible to configure the system to by default when you send a invoice that a CC copy is also sent to email address for internal records?

If possible, how can this be achieved?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
AngryWarrior

Hi,

You can set a BCC address on Settings > Email Settings

Right, thank you Hillel.
I apprecaite your help.

But “BCC” tends to be treated as a spam address by mail servers though because it has been so abused by spammers.

Maybe it would be better if you could consider to offer the “CC” option too?

Kind regards
AngryWarrior

Feel free to create an issue here to request it

Right.
Thank you. :+1:

Kind regards
AngryWarrior

Was this Feature removed in the newer Versions? I have invoice ninja installed via docker, with Version 5.8.37 but could find any settings regarding Global cc or bcc. Only on each Individual customer.

You can set a global BCC on Settings > Email Settings

Thanks for the fast reply.

Ok i discovered that i cannot set BCC when SMTP is selected for the email client.
When i set it to Standard the BCC field shows up. But then my emails don’t work anymore.

Any thoughts on that

Thanks, we’ll need to look into it.

cc @david

2 Likes

Hi @Julhol-droid

BCC is (In general) a bad idea to use anyway because it has been used and abused by spammers for many years; so actually loads of e-mail servers will treat e-mails with hidden e-mail addresses (The BCC field), as spam by default.

So per see it is not really recommended to use BCC and mail deliverability will drop/not always be stable.

Obviously a shame because BCC is indeed quite a useful feature sometimes. But this is just how the world looks and we cannot change it.

By the way @hillel
This (The above I just wrote about BCC), is actually my initial reasoning for asking about a CC field instead, because BCC is “problematic” to use and will not always work.

Just chipping in with my 5 cents here. :wink:

Kind regards

1 Like

Thanks @AngryWarrior for the details.

Ok sadly that BCC is not reliable.
As you said I also think a Global Cc setting would be nice.

1 Like

My pleasure! :smiley:

Kind regards

Indeed!
It would be a very useful.feature :+1:

Kind regards

We have a fix coming for this.

1 Like