Can't import postal codes

several times after importing csv files i have had these login timeout problems and have had to roll back to a previous back of the VM

the link above you provided for the sample csv files mostly work but some of the fields prefill wrong or don’t behave like the others.

no matter what i put for the first line as column labels in the csv. the import feature always selects “Date-Payment” even if i label it “Date-Invoice” or just “Date”

“Product - Item” never gets auto-selected no matter what i put in for the column label

i have been working with v4 and v5 for months trying to get this data to import. v4 the import worked.

i have had plenty of experience with billing systems and i like what i see as far as features. i have no faith in the “Cloud” so self hosted is the only acceptable path.
i am willing to PAY for support if that is an option to get this billing going.

what i really need to know before going forward any further is if the AUTO-BILL and AUTO-PAY is going to work with authorize.net. i need it to run certain accounts credit cards on the first of the month and allow the customers to turn it on and off and update their card info.

NUMandOrder is the only column that is not used or selected. and i have tried it without. it’s just a column i can use as a unique index in my DB im preparing the imports from.

Name, Number, Balance, Notes, Cost, Quantity all get autoselcted on the ninja import field selection. the others have to be manually changed/selected. nothing having to do with payments is selected, yet a payment for $0.00 with date of invoice is generated.

is it possible to get the data imported into invoiceninja using the API? i had to resort to getting all the data from out of freshbooks using their API as their CSV exports seriously lacks granularity and details like notes. but it was all available through the API.

Name,Number,NUMandOrder,Amount,Balance,Date,Product Items,Notes,Cost,Quantity
“jon doe”,“1”,“1-1”,“0.93”,“0.93”,“2012-11-23”,“test”,“test transaction”,“0.93”,“1”

It may help to set is_large to true in the companies table in the database.

@david can you please confirm that this flag is getting set automatically.

yes it is set. i did not change it manually, when i go back to a VM that is “empty” of invoices it is at 0 in the DB entry under companies.

We have people using v5 + auth.net + token billing since april, it appears to be rock solid from what i have been told.

@lucaw

I’ve checked in a fix for the postal codes not importing. available next release :+1: :+1:

1 Like

that’s great news, thank you so much @david!