Can't activate new users

Hello,

I have the self-hosted version of InvoiceNinja. When configuring the mail settings through the UI, the test function works properly and I receive emails. However, when I try to send invitation emails for new users or user the recover password function, no emails are sent. I am using gmail as my email service.

I have debug enabled and MAIL_DRIVER=LOG enabled.

This is what is logged in laravel-info.log. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

[2018-09-10 17:49:44] production.INFO: Sending email - To: desiredemail@gmail.com | Reply: myemailaddresshere@gmail.com | From: myemailaddresshere@gmail.com [] []

If MAIL_DRIVER is set to log no emails will be sent, you’d need to setup an email provider.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

I had MAIL_DRIVER set to log because I wanted to see if I could get the activation link that way. Setting it to SMTP doesn’t work.

I believe all my configuration is correct, because the “test” feature works under the email configuration and I do receive the test email. Any other feature such as sending invitation links or password reset links don’t work.

Are you using the latest version of the app (v4.5.4).

Maybe you need to run: php artisan config:clear

Yes I’m running the latest version. Running that command and restarting the Apache service did not resolve the issue.

Thanks

Is MAIL_DRIVER set to SMTP now?

Yes, MAIL_DRIVER has been set to SMTP.

Thanks

Sorry, I’m not sure. Maybe try with a different email provider?

Thanks for your help anyway. It’s just so frustrating that the test email works, but nothing else works.