Built in update with icon in the lower left corner not working

Hello, need some advise to make the UPDATE NOW feature runing well
Type: Selfhosted
ver : 5.1.14
fresh install from zip into a shared smart linux hosting.
no ssh access
php 7.3
cron scheduler is running

then a quick message:

update successfully completed
{“message”.“Command 'git pull ’ failed (exit-code 1).”}

and the message closed himself.

Invoice Ninja stay with v5.1.14

no trace from errors into laravel logs.

tried with ```
php artisan migrate

and then 
https://my.url.com?clear_cache=true

still no update.

what next ?

regards,

Hi,

Is it possible you’ve manually changed any of the files? With SSH access you can run git pull to check which files it’s failing on.

Hi @hillel ,
tks for your fast response.
Unforunately, I don’t have any SSH access to this shared host.
I got a Cpanel and softaculos (by the way softaculos only propose latest V4 from Invoice Ninja)
I did the php artisan migrate with one cron job.
On the same host I still have the v4 installed and keep updated by softaculos.
V5 was installed manually into another folder of the host.

We hope to have v5 available through Softaculous soon.

Do you know if you made any changes to the code, you may want to try copying over the zip.

the only change was done inside the .env file
for the smtp server, Google api key and fantomjs, even FJS is not activate

OK, will try this…do I need to keep my actual .env settings or can I just overwrite all the files and folders with the updated zip contents ?
then I suppose I will need to perform a 755 recursive folders and files…again ?

@hillel
I just overwrited all with the latest zip release 5.1.19
didn’t touch at all any code
made 0775 permissions on all folders and files
did a cleared cache
But i’m still with 5.1.14

no manual update
no built-in script update
seems to be working here
I’m lost in the host

Do you know if the crons are running?

If you used the latest zip then you have the latest app the version may just be out of date on the server.

this is now what i got

Please check for details about the error in storage/logs/

here is the error log

[2021-03-10 23:00:02] production.ERROR: Method App\Console\Commands\SendRemindersCron::webHookExpiredQuotes does not exist. {“exception”:"[object] (BadMethodCallException(code: 0): Method App\Console\Commands\SendRemindersCron::webHookExpiredQuotes does not exist. at /home/invoiceninja5/invoice.mydomain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Macroable/Traits/Macroable.php:103)
[stacktrace]
#0 /home/invoiceninja5/invoice.mydomain.com/app/Console/Commands/SendRemindersCron.php(58): Illuminate\Console\Command->__call(‘webHookExpiredQ…’, Array)
#1 /home/invoiceninja5/invoice.mydomain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php(36): App\Console\Commands\SendRemindersCron->handle()
#2 /home/invoiceninja5/invoice.mydomain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Util.php(40): Illuminate\Container\BoundMethod::Illuminate\Container\{closure}()
#3 /home/invoiceninja5/invoice.mydomain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php(93): Illuminate\Container\Util::unwrapIfClosure(Object(Closure))
#4 /home/invoiceninja5/invoice.mydomain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php(37): Illuminate\Container\BoundMethod::callBoundMethod(Object(Illuminate\Foundation\Application), Array, Object(Closure))
#5 /home/invoiceninja5/invoice.mydomain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(610): Illuminate\Container\BoundMethod::call(Object(Illuminate\Foundation\Application), Array, Array, NULL)
#6 /home/invoiceninja5/invoice.mydomain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Console/Command.php(136): Illuminate\Container\Container->call(Array)
#7 /home/invoiceninja5/invoice.mydomain.com/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(256): Illuminate\Console\Command->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Illuminate\Console\OutputStyle))
#8 /home/invoiceninja5/invoice.mydomain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Console/Command.php(121): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Illuminate\Console\OutputStyle))
#9 /home/invoiceninja5/invoice.mydomain.com/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(971): Illuminate\Console\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#10 /home/invoiceninja5/invoice.mydomain.com/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(290): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(App\Console\Commands\SendRemindersCron), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#11 /home/invoiceninja5/invoice.mydomain.com/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(166): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#12 /home/invoiceninja5/invoice.mydomain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Console/Application.php(92): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#13 /home/invoiceninja5/invoice.mydomain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Console/Kernel.php(129): Illuminate\Console\Application->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#14 /home/invoiceninja5/invoice.mydomain.com/artisan(37): Illuminate\Foundation\Console\Kernel->handle(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#15 {main}

@david, do you have any ideas?