autopay didn't work -- any way to trigger it manually?

I have two invoices that should have auto-paid yesterday (due December 1, and both customers have previously entered manual payments). The output from that day’s send-invoices task was:

2017-12-01 15:00:02 Running SendRecurringInvoices...
19 recurring invoice(s) found
Processing Invoice: 25
Sending Invoice
Processing Invoice: 37
Sending Invoice
2 due recurring invoice instance(s) found
Processing Autobill-delayed Invoice: 50
Processing Autobill-delayed Invoice: 51
0 recurring expenses(s) found
2017-12-01 15:00:35 Done

However, both invoices are still marked as unpaid. I’m using Stripe, and when checking my Stripe account, invoice #51 had a card-declined error (expired) and there’s nothing for #50.

How can I charge these invoices?

I opened up the “artisan” file and realized I’d be going far down an architectural rabbit hole, so I’m hoping I can get some help here instead.

You can try manually charging the card on file by clicking ‘View as recipient’ on the edit invoice page and then ‘Pay Now’.

Ah, I should’ve thought of that. Thanks!

On this note, what is the default for process for re-trying failed auto bill attempts? Does the system automatically try to re-bill daily? Is there a cron job I can run to re-try to run them?

The app doesn’t retry failed payments.

You can manually retry a payment by clicking ‘View in portal’ and then ‘Pay now’.

ok. Would be nice feature to have a cron job that I could run daily to re-try payments. When you have 100 or so recurring payments, many fail for reasons. It would be nice to not have to manually re-try them.

Feel free to create an issue on our GitHub repo

https://github.com/invoiceninja/invoiceninja/issues

Is there an API call that we could run via cron to retry failed payments?

Sorry, it isn’t currently supported

When the credit card is declined, I am not getting a notice. Is there a way to have Invoice Ninja send credit card decline notices?

Are you using invoiceninja.com or are you self hosting, I believe the app should send emails if auto-billing fails for recurring invoices.

We are self hosting. I am preparing for a class now, but will check the mail logs later today. Perhaps, the decline notices are getting held up somewhere.

The app is not sending notifications to the biller or client when client’s credit card is declined. I have checking the mail logs to make sure nothing was held up by a spam filter.

/storage/logs/laravel-info.log contains:
[2020-06-24 18:37:49] production.INFO: Stripe: Your card has insufficient funds. {“context”:“PHP”,“user_id”:1,“account_id”:1,“user_name”:“John Schmerold”,“method”:“POST”,“user_agent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.116 Safari/537.36”,“locale”:“en”,“ip”:“xx.xx.xx.xxx”,“count”:3,“is_console”:“no”,“is_api”:“no”,“db_server”:“mysql”,“url”:“invoices”} []

BTW: throw away cards from Privacy.com is a good way to test Invoice Ninja.